29.

"All that's left to do is have your signatures on all five documents, Miss Lincoln."

The past hour and a half went by so quickly, she couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she now owns four high-class restaurants and everything that goes along with it. Raizon nearly caused her heart to fail when he added the fact that all profits go to her. His name is still on the contracts but she was the boss.

Her hand trembled as it hovered over the signature box. Stupidly she remembered Ricardo's cruel words, her face heated up in embarrassment and anger. To anyone looking in, this will be exactly what he said she was.  A gold digger. Her relationship with Raizon was practically new and a lot of people may question him on his decision but they will be stupid to ask.

Arianna brows furrowed after replaying Mr. Drysdale words.

"Five documents? Its only four restaurants," she queried.

"A separate one for the future profits," Raizon said quickly. He sent a warning glare to Drysdale not wanting Arianna to know what that document truly was. Lying to her left a bad taste in his mouth, deceiving her will forevermore not be a thing to do in their future. Guiltily, he avoided her gaze when she tried to seek the truth from him. She knows him so well.

"I love you for who you are, not what you're worth," she said for his ears only.

"I know, love. I know. Let me do this, please kitten," he returned before kissing her temple. In his mind, he was doing the right thing. He didn't want her distracted when they both had to lead their first rescue op together. For the first time in his years, he was scared. 

Taking a deep breath, Arianna signed all five documents carefully with everyone's eyes on her. Upon completion, Raizon didn't stand with her to leave when the meeting was concluded. The junior lawyers left the room, rushing to probably tell their colleagues what happened or finalize the legalities of the transaction. The former seems more logical. Miss Caine made her way to the door but stopped when her boss called out to her. She turned to face him like a teacher's pet, beaming under his attention. "My word," Arianna muttered under her breath. 

"Please wait downstairs in the awaiting car. The driver will take you back to the office," he said before turning to the only woman he cared about in that room. He hated the way her brows furrowed in confusion and worry. It felt good to be cared for, other than his brother and parents.

"Yes sir," Miss Caine said leaving the office in a huff. When the door opened, they both heard the warning growl of Vinny and her fearful yelp from her. Raizon chuckled and pulled Arianna onto his lap. The senior partners took it upon themselves to go to the other end of the room, giving the two enough privacy. 

"I have some more paperwork to attend to. I will meet you at base...." 

"Ray. What is it? You haven't been yourself all morning," she said cutting him off. Raizon stayed silent, allowing her to gently brush her fingers along the planes of his face. He did the same to her, his eyes taking in her natural beauty. Her chocolate brown eyes and her smooth milk chocolate skin, her natural hair which was let loose framing her delicate face. Plump lips he loved to kiss and which blesses him with her radiant smiles. He loved her, he truly did. Deep down in his heart, he wished he met her when she became friends with his brother. If the universe allowed them to meet, those years ago, she would have been either blessing him with their child or enjoying a blissful marriage. Loving his brother's best friend, cliche, but right. 

"As the heads of the family did before me, I'm putting my affairs in order. I've never changed my will since I've become heavily involved in the business because I know Gianni will be taken care of. I had no one to leave the things I've built, no one to carry on my name, Gianni was the best choice but I know him. This world isn't for him. Then you came along. My equal. My queen. If anything is to...." His grip on her became tighter when it came to telling her the truth as to why he let her sign the fifth document. Placing his head against hers, his hand trembled as he held her. Arianna's breathing became harsher, he swore he can hear the loud beating of her heart as it began to race.