Chapter 8 "You Just Jinxed Me"

Comincia dall'inizio

The shooter takes off running as the rest of the Intelligence Unit come running to the van

Atwater and Ruzek take off after the shooter as Hank and Burgess open the rear van doors to see Halstead and Shaylynn lying there.
"Are you two alright?" Hank asks with a worried look on his face.
"Are you alright?" Halstead asks Shaylynn.
"Yes," she tells him.
Halstead gives Hank a thumbs up.
"Thank God!" Hank says as he walks away from the van to see Atwater and Ruzek walking back, "Where is he?" Hank asks them.
"He disappeared!" Ruzek tells him.
"I want this guy found!" Hank yells.
Inside the van, Halstead looks at Shaylynn, "Are you sure you're okay?" he asks her.
"Yes, I'm fine," she says looking up at him, he moves in and kisses her.
Halstead makes his way out of the van with Shaylynn following him. He puts his hand out to her to help her out.
Hank walks over to them, "I called Beth, she's on her way here to get you," he tells Shaylynn.
"Dad, I'm fine!" she tells him.
"Listen to me, with the things you've been through in the last couple of months and now being shot at I don't want you going into the dark abyss of yours!" Hank tells her.
Shaylynn rolls her eyes as she shakes her head, "Go home and relax," Halstead tells her putting his arms around her waist.
"Have you noticed he's not sending you home?" she questions.
"He's in Father mode! I'd be the same way if it was Jacquelyn in your place," he tells her.
"Well, maybe one day you'll be running this unit and Jacquelyn will be one of your Detectives," Shaylynn says to him as Beth pulls up behind them.
Halstead smiles at her, "You just jinxed me," he tells her, "You better go."
Shaylynn kisses him then walks over to Beth's car and gets in.
Looking in the backseat, Shaylynn sees Rosie and Ellie, "My day just got a lot better!" she tells Beth.
Beth smiles and drives away.

~~~~~~~~

Walking through the house, Shaylynn hears a commotion coming from the backyard, "Sounds like Reneé's here and they're in the pool if you want the girls to join them."
"I have their suits in the bag. I'll go and change them," Beth tells her," Come on Rosie, let's get your swimsuit on."
"I'll be outside," Shaylynn tells her.
Carrying Ellie, Beth walks down the hallway toward the bathroom with Rosie following her.

Fifteen minutes later, Shaylynn and Beth are sitting on the edge of the kiddie pool with Ellie splashing away as Jacquelyn swims away in the big pool with Reneé trying to teach Rosie how to swim.
"I can't believe you were shot at," Beth says.
"Nothing new," Shaylynn tells her, "I prefer to have 'Henry' on though when I'm being shot at."
Beth looks and catches a glimpse of someone, a guy moving bales of hay.