Chapter 1

After a couple of months I was able to find a job. But it was in New York. I lived in Los Angeles so I had to fly all the way to New York City to actually do the job. Apparently I am working for a higher class company. Becoming an assistant to the 2nd leader of the company. I had forgotten the name of my new boss. I guess that's not a good first impression to one of the highest company's in New York.

I had finally got to my new apartment. But for half the price of getting a whole apartment to myself. I share one. I don't even have enough money to get my plane ticket. But luckily the company bought it for me.

I opened the door to my new apartment. Seeing a man on the couch. I was not really able to see his face intell I said something.

" Um, hello I think I am your new apartment buddy," I said feeling a little hesitant.

When he turned to me I saw his face. He was really hot with many good strides. His shirt was a little tight so I can see how masculine he was.  

I stared at him waiting for an answer. "Apartment buddy?" He chuckled.  He was making fun of me. I already don't like this guy.

I gave him a warning look and stepped into the apartment and putting my bags on the other couch next to him. He watched me as I stood in front of him.

"Are you going to show me my room?" I asked looking into his bright ice cold eyes.

"Sure." He said standing up a little to close to me. I backed up a step. " Fallow me." 

I fallowed him to what looked like my room. When he opened the door I froze in amazement as I see a window showing the whole city.

"Holy crap, this is an amazing view of the city," I said stepping into the room going towards the huge window.

"What's your name?" He asked. I looked towards him. He is leaning against the door frame, smirking at me.

I could not help but blush because of the way he looked at me. " U-uh it is Melody," I wanted to slap myself for stuttering.

He opened his mouth to say something. Guessing he was going to introduce himself. But then his phone ranged.

"Sorry," He said walking into the haul. Leaving me by myself.

I stared out at the city. It sure is pretty at night.    I then saw the building where I was working at. It was very tall. Maybe 10 floors.

I started my job tomorrow. Maybe I should eat something, take a shower and go to bed. It was only 6 pm so I had a good two hours before I actually had to go to sleep. 

I decided to step out of my room to go grab all my bags. He was still talking on the phone. I picked up all my bags and went back to my room to put all my stuff away in the drawer. I then herd the man stop talking.

"Hey, you hungry?" He asked me. His voice was so sexy.

Stop it melody. He probably has a girlfriend.

" yea a little. I have work tomorrow so I won't be able to do a lot." I said looking at him.

"Ok, where to?" He asked looking smug.

" I have never been in New York City. So you can choose," I said walking over to him.

"Okay then," He said grabbing his phone.   "Hello can I make a reservation for 6:30?" He asked.

I hear a distinct voice in the background, " whom is making the reservation?"

" Mr. Lamber," he stated. When I herd that name I froze.

"Okay thank you for making a reservation, Mr Lamber." I herd from the phone.

"Anytime."He said looking at me still frozen and wide eyed.

" what's wrong?" He asked looking down at me. He was maybe 6'6 and I was 5'6. So the difference between hight was massive. So his tall body would tower over me.

"Nothing," I lied.

"Ok then come on," He said, " there is a car waiting outside."

This is definitely who I think it is.

I walked with him to the car. He hand gestured me to go into the car first. I scoot all the way to the other side.

"Too the villa," he told the driver. He nodded and started driving.

The villa what is that. It must be a restaurant.

During the whole car ride we were silent. When we had gotten to the place. I scooted out of the car after Mr Lamber.

The place looked really nice and fancy when we walked in. We were taken to our table.

"So, what's your job?" He asked. I was dumb founded.

So he does not know. I should tell him. Nah. He will find out soon enough.

"Um well I am an assistant," I said while the lady brought us our drinks, " to my boss at least," I smirked trying to get a joke out.

He laughed. " well, to whom?" He asked.

" I don't remember."  I lied of corse. I wanted it to be a surprise. I laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked.

"I don't know." I do know.

After we ate dinner we talked some more. He had told me that he has three other siblings named Anna, William and Natalie. I was surprised that he had any siblings. I wonder if they worked for the company. He had told me he was the second oldest. William being the oldest. Then Natalie and then Anna.

I had told him about why I came to New York. Also where I lived before. I told him I was the only child. Wich was very true. He had asked about parents and I wanted to tell him the truth that they passed away in a car crash. But I just did not say anything.

After we had left it was about 7:30.  we got back in the car. Around the time we got home it was 7:45. So I had just enough time to take a shower.  

I stripped all my clothing off and got in the shower. I had my own bathroom so I did not need to lock the door.

I still can not believe my roommate is my boss. Wow I had benefits with my boss.