Chapter 20: Familiar Heartbeat

Aerlinniel POV

Estelwen, Vandathiel and I are on our ride through the woods, we have been riding for a few hours. Vandathiel is next to me and Estelwen is in front. No one has spoken yet and I keep feeling Vandathiel's gaze on me.

“So, where are you from Aerlinniel? Because I can tell that you are not from here." Estelwen says.

“Umm." I say, not sure if I should tell them.

“It's okay. You don't have to if you don't want to." She says.

They have been nice to me so far, I guess it would be okay to tell them that. “From a kingdom in Fangorn, although I do not know what it is called."

“Why are you here and not there?" Vandathiel asks.

I give a small sigh not wanting to, but I tell them anyway. “Hundreds of years ago, the kingdom got attacked by a Dragon. I was the only survivor."

“Oh, I am so very sorry." Vandathiel says.

“I am too." Estelwen agrees. “We both have noticed that you seem really sad, is there something wrong?"

I really don't like all of these questions. I also don't want to answer, but they will keep bugging me if I don't. “I lost my best friend, Faelwen. Her father took her to Rivendell." I admit facing my head towards the ground.

They both stay silent for a moment. “Sorry." Estelwen says.

“It's ok." I say.

“We should really get heading back, it is getting dark." Vandathiel says.

We all turn and take off back to the Woodland-Realm. When we do get back, I unsaddle my horse. I also overhear Vandathiel tell Estelwen that she will meet up with her in a few minutes.

After their conversation, Vandathiel walks over to me. “You seem really familiar. Have I seen you somewhere before?" She asks me.

Now that I think of it, her heart beat does sound familiar. “It could be a possibility."

“Okay, another question are you blind?" She whispers in my hear.

I jump back because I am so shocked. “How do you know that?" I ask her with disbelief.

“I remember you telling me a very long time ago." She says.

Then it hits me, the reason why she knows I am blind, the reason I recognize her heart beat. Could it really be?

~~~~~~

Sorry, cliffhanger! Who do you think it is going to be????? I would like to know who you think it is! :) Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! I will try to update again if I can! :)

            ~Ellethwen <3

P.S. You guys are in for a really big surprise! :) :) :)