Chapter 6: A New Friend

Aerlinniel POV

I wake up and feel the sun shining on my face. Today would be a perfect day to walk around outside. I think to myself. I would like to get to know this place better and maybe make some friends.

I put on a dress that I pulled out of my new closet, brush my hair and head out the door. I hear Legolas and a guard talking. He notices me, the guard leaves and he walks over.

"Mara tuilë, (good morning) Legolas!" I greet him.

"Mara tuilë, Aerlinniel!" He greets back. "Is there anything you would like to do today?"

"Yes, actually. Do you think you could show me around? I would like to get to know this place better, so I can get around without having to ask someone where I am supposed to go." I ask him.

"Sure, I would love to." He answers as he links his arm with mine.

"Le hannon. (thank you)"

He talks to me about the Woodland-Realm, but I don't pay much attention. I am trying to figure out where everything is. I hear some people talking and one seems to be crying. I run in the direction of the crying, leaving Legolas behind.

"Aerlinniel!" He calls out, but I ignore him. I have to find out what is wrong and see if I can help.

I finally make it close to where the crying is coming from. "Your just a little girl, you can't just go and make decisions like that. I am very disappointed in you, tinu. (daughter)" The man, who I'm guessing to be her dad, said.

I then heard a noise that sounded like a slap. Did he just...     The poor elleth. (girl elf) I could hear his footsteps as he walked away. When he slapped her, she fell to the floor. So I walked over and helped her up.

"Thanks." She mumbled.

"It was no problem. He should not have done that to you, I am very sorry. My name is Aerlinniel. What is yours?" I ask.

"Faelwen." She answers, still shooken up on what just happened.

"That is a very pretty name, Faelwen. Where do you live?"

She gives a sigh, "Nowhere now." 

"I have an extra bed in my room, you can live with me if you want to." I offer. It is the least I can do for her.

"Really?" I give a nod. "Thank you so much!" She says giving me a hug, I hug her back.

"There you are, Aerlinniel. I was not sure where you went." Legolas says as he walks over.

"I'm so sorry, Legolas, I heard someone crying and I wanted to help. This is Faelwen." I introduce her.

"Prince Legolas, it is so nice to meet you!" She says. I cab imagine her bowing to him.

"It is nice to meet you to, Faelwen." He says.

I explain to Legolas what happened and he agreed to let her live with me and use the extra bed I have. The whole way back to my room, she kept thanking me.

I have realized something I know I have to do, but I really don't want to. I know I have to though. If I'm going to live here, I an going to have to tell someone I am blind. So they will be able to help me, if I ever need it. I know I can trust Faelwen, so I will tell her. I hope I make the right decision in doing this.

~~~~~~

Sorry it is short, I am having some writers block. :'( I hope you liked it!

         ~Ellethwen <3