Prologue

Long ago in The Hidden Kingdom in Fangorn, Tár (King) Aearion and Tári (Queen) Lindariel were expecting a baby elleth (girl elf). They had decided to name her Aerlinniel which means song. (Air-lin-nee-ell) The Tári's sister was mad at her because she stole the one she loved and, before Aerlinniel could be born, her sister cursed the baby to be blind.

When Aerlinniel was born immediately her parents taught her everything they could so she would be able to get around and do things so no one would know she was blind. Aerlinniel was taught to read, write, and speak. Both in common tongue and in Elvish.

They also taught Aerlinniel to recognize people by their heartbeats. She learned how to use a sword, and a bow and arrows. And also how to heal others. They taught her to be the best elleth she could be, even though she was blind.

She had learned to do all of this by age 25, 7 in human years. When Aerlinniel turned 29, 8 in human years, the kingdom was attacked by a dragon. Aerlinniel was the only survivor and lived for many years on her own, teaching herself to do more things.

When she was ready, she would go out to find others. Maybe a new place to live and call home. She would not let anyone know she was a Princess. But especially, she would not let anyone know that she was blind. It is Aerlinniel's Secret.

~~~~~~

Hope I did a good job with that. I will not be posting the first chapter for a while. I just posted this to see if you guys would be interested in reading it. Please let me know your thoughts on this. If you do not understand the prologue, I will explain it more if you need me to. Just let me know! :)

                                     ~Ellethwen <3

Edited on: September 2nd, 2016