Chapter Sixty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Did he say anything?" Ollie asked eventually. 

"He sort of just stared at me in surprise... Then I ran," I admitted quietly, almost ashamed. 

"I would have kicked him in the fucking balls! Shut up, Finn, now is not the time!" he shouted to Finn, holding the phone away from his mouth from the way his voice was slightly muffled. 

"Why would he do that, Ollie?" I asked, my heart beginning to throb dully again. 

He sighed. "He's got a fucked up way of dealing with stuff, Kaidan. His reaction to the acknowledgment of his feelings is proof enough of that. Clearly his response is to try and fuck so many people that he forgets you. Like that's going to work," he said sarcastically, scoffing. 

"What do I do?"

"What do you mean? The next time you see him, you fucking slap the shit out of him and walk away. You need to find someone better, Kaidan."

"But... I love him," I answered weakly, knowing it was a stupid argument.

"I know, darling, but... Do you really want to be with someone that treats you like this?"

"He didn't treat me like anything," I argued, unsure why I was defending Jay. "He didn't know I'd be there, and he didn't do it to upset me. It's just... his way of dealing with it. My way is to not eat or sleep, apparently."

"Kaidan..." he started, soon trailing off, his comeback dying on his tongue. "Just eat something, okay? I'll talk to him. You get some sleep and I'll talk to you in the morning, yeah?"

I nodded a little before I realised he couldn't see me. "Yeah. Okay," I agreed. "Thanks."

"Anytime, chica, don't worry about it."

I smiled bemusedly, just a bit. "'Chica'?" 

"I've been watching too much TV, okay? Now go get in bed, don't argue. We'll talk in the morning."

He hung up before I could respond. I smiled at my phone a little, wondering when Ollie had become such a good friend. I got up and shuffled to my bedroom, crawling under the covers with my blanket.

Soon, to my surprise, I was asleep. 

***

~Ollie's P.O.V.~

I'm honestly going to kill that fucker. 

Okay, so maybe not honestly but right now I really wanted to. I knew the sort of life Jay'd had and the sort of life he lead now, but that didn't give him an excuse to sleep around while he was so blatantly in love with Kaidan. I wanted to go to his house with a baseball bat and just wait for him to get back, whether he was with someone or not. 

As attractive as the idea was, we didn't even own a baseball bat. 

I got up with a sigh and went down the hall to Finn's office where he was sat looking through PA applications. I'd gone back to working for him this past week, which made both of our lives so much easier. I was good at what I did and we both knew it. I knocked on the door before going in. 

"Coming for a spanking?" Finn teased, looking over a CV. "For swearing earlier. Who were you talking to?"

I came round and took the applications from him, setting them down in a neat pile before I sat in his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"That was Kaidan," I told him, kissing his cheek softly to try and calm myself down. 

"Kaidan? He's okay?" he asked worriedly. He wouldn't show it but I knew he cared about Kaidan as much as I did. "What was he saying?"