Chapter 21 - Expensive

What a shocking surprise. It's so unusual to the point where it drives the whole mansion into a major chaos. Maids, servants and personal assistants rush to the front door, standing in a perfect straight line and bowing to welcome the almighty Mrs. Park. Everybody has question, everybody is confused as it's not her habit to visit without giving any notice in advance. It smells like bad thing is going to happen in any time soon. The last time she did something similar to this was approximately twenty years ago when she found out that her beloved daughter in law's death was all Hyorin's scheme. She was terribly angry and just like long time ago, right now, she is more than ready to wreak her anger to her ungrateful son and his wife.

"Call Junjin and Hyorin, immediately" Mrs. Park gives an order.

It's as cold as an ice. It makes everybody shivers. Surely, there is a serious problem here, but they know, it's a sin for them to even feel curious because it's really none of their business. That moment, butler Seo sends a sign to Hyorin's personal assistant to deliver the news, gives a gesture to maids to prepare tea, as he, together with Mr. Kim, follow her to the living room silently. At the back, Jimin and Seulgi trail grandma, hand in hand. A couple steps away, he halts and faces the maids.

"You don't need to set up grandma's bedroom, she is going to sleep in hotel" Jimin says then right away goes to living room with Seulgi.

An intense feeling of horror stays longer than expected. Everybody petrifies as Jimin's information slaps hard and no one even realizes that they hold their breath all this time. Then, the next second, all is gasping and catching for air. It's scary how the atmosphere kills them slowly. It's no joke. This is a warning that they all need to get ready for the mess and of course prepare for the worst.

In the other side of the mansion, inside the living room, Jimin and Seulgi sit side by side as they still hold each other's hand. Both of them keep silent and just watch grandma sips her tea. She looks calm and elegant but soon enough she is going to release her wrath. A sigh leaves Jimin's lips as he sees his grandma's expression and at the same time feels Seulgi's tension. He realizes, it must be super uncomfortable for his fiancé to sit there and go through his family's drama, eventhough she agrees when his grandma asks her to accompany him. He takes a glance and stares at her face which shows restlessness. He really needs to step forward.

"Grandma, I think it's a lot better if you talk to them privately, without us" Jimin suggests.

Immediately, grandma looks at Jimin and he pleads with his eyes. She doesn't understand his intention at first but after she has a quick glance at Seulgi and sees how anxious the young lady is, she gets it and nods instantly, giving them excuse to leave. She feels a slight proudness as she realizes that her grandson is such a sensible man. Then, with a smile, he thanks his grandma and leads his fiancé out in flash. He hears her protest but ignores it as he believes, she says it all because she feels bad for his grandma.

"It's okay" Jimin talks and reassures right away after they escape.

"But---"

"Ssshh---" Jimin cuts Seulgi's words as he places his finger on her lips "---I said, it's okay" He gives her a smile.

"But---" Seulgi is about to argue again but she stops when he playfully glares at her "---alright, okay" She talks as she chuckles a little.

"Good girl"

Jimin ruffles Seulgi's hair and purposely makes her gets a messy hair. It gets her disapproval as she bugs out her eyes and barks at him in the most adorable way. He giggles at her, making fun of her, until his eyes disappear. He enjoys every second of teasing her and honestly it feels like a pure bliss. She pouts and whines continuously as she softly pinches his waist to make him stop, but it doesn't work. She scrunches her nose and sends him a tickle attack. There, she wins the battle as he jolts and immediately begs her to put an end into it.