Chapter 2 - Smile

Park Junjin hears the news about his son's decision and it actually is quite predictable. He is not against it, on the contrary he agrees though his choice is Myoui Mina. There is always plan B after plan A. He plans to expand the resort business to Japan if his son chooses Mina, but in this case his son chooses Seulgi and it's a different game now. Yes, almost all five stars resorts in Korea are owned by JJ corporations but up until now, the corporations unable to touch the private resorts business in the country. Since his great-grandfather started the business, the Kang's family already monopolized them entirely. If this marriage is a success, then it's an opportunity for JJ corporations to land a finger on the untouchable exclusive business.

As a father, Junjin has a little affection towards Jimin. He keeps Jimin around because he knows, one day his son will be useful. Today he proves it right. His son's worth brings him to this shortcut. Never once he thinks about Jimin's feeling when he writes and plans his son's life. All he cares about is his own feeling and whether Jimin is happy or depressed, it doesn't matter as long as it gives advantages to the business. He really is an egoistic father.

In the other hand, his wife, Yoo Hyorin just knows about the news and she explodes immediately. She is mad and annoyed because Jimin rejects her relative, Yoo Hana. She suspects he did that purposely to show his hatred. She can't take it anymore so she comes to her husband's office to throw tantrum.

"How can your son choose Kang Seulgi?" Hyorin speaks, already raising her tone.

"Calm, take a seat first---"

"Oh my God, I can't believe it, I'm mad" Hyorin cuts Junjin off.

"Hyorin-ah!---" Junjin scolds her and she shuts her mouth right away "---Listen, it's wrong to complain because Jimin's choice is right" He continues as he gets a disbelief look from his wife.

"But, Hana is my relative and she just inherits her family business---"

"Enough" Junjin stops his wife.

"Hyorinah, I'm sorry to say this but your relative's business is in a different league with ours, you need to understand, Jimin's worth is far more than that" Junjin ends it.

Hyorin feels hurt with her husband explanation. It sounds like an insult and it extremely disappoints her because this is the first time her husband defends Jimin infront of her face. All this time, her husband always takes her side and he even fends her from his evil mother who never tired to mock and humiliate her.

"Please understand" Junjin now talks softly because he sees the change on her expression.

Hyorin says nothing and leaves straightly as a form of her disagreement. She needs to secure her position in the family but her plan fails with this one. She wants Hana to enter the family and become her ally but now it's just a dream because Junjin's mother and son messes it up. The amount of pressure she gets from her husband's family is crazy but it will never stop her. If her husband's family rejects Hana, then she has the right to reject Seulgi as well.

***

Restless night haunts Seulgi down because of the reality of her future. That one name keeps coming to her mind and that one face keeps making her nervous. It just hits her hard that in couple of months she will marry and live with a total stranger and there is no way back. She trusts her father but still there is a little doubt inside her heart because it's a whole new thing for her. She honestly has fear but she convinces herself that she will and she can overcome it.

That name is in the top search on internet for days and it's impossible for Seulgi to avoid his name. Park Jimin is the trending topic at the moment and nation's hottest bachelor is his new nickname. Everybody says his look and physic is a killer but he is just not Seulgi's type. She prefers someone who is warm and gentle but he looks intimidating with that blonde hair and piercings. It makes her feel uneasy.