The servants were dismissed by Feng Jin Yuan, and the two entered the study. Fu Ya recounted what had just happened, and Feng Jin Yuan wanted to reproach her; however, he also knew that this was not his daughter. If he said too much, he was worried that Fu Ya would have some thoughts about it. Fortunately, his temper was no longer as it had been in the past. He was also no longer as forceful as when he was the prime minister. After suffering a loss, one would at least gain some wisdom. Now, he was gradually beginning to understand that getting angry was not the best method for resolving problems. The most important thing was to think of how to help Fu Ya get over this hurdle. He pondered for a while then said: “Going to learn medicine now is definitely too late, but you need to learn the basics. At the very least, you won’t end up in the same situation as today, where you didn’t even know where to find a pulse.”

Fu Ya nodded: “Yes, today’s matter was indeed unexpected, but how should I learn?”

Feng Jin Yuan thought for a bit then said: “I will immediately go to the prefect’s manor to have Lord Ji send a doctor over. It would be better if it’s someone that is trustworthy, and it also needs to be someone that can be killed after providing instruction. Either way, this matter must not be allowed to become information that can be used against us; otherwise, I fear that something will happen. For the three of us living here, our fates are tightly connected. If you succeed, I will also succeed. If things go well for me, things will also go well for you. We must not tear each other down.”

Feng Jin Yuan explained the situation, and Fu Ya nodded seriously: “Daughter understands. Would father please not worry.”

As the two spoke, a servant came in from the outside and reported: “There is a medicine merchant from Lan Zhou that has come and asked to see Imperial Daughter.”

Fu Ya was puzzled and asked: “Did they say what they came for?”

The servant replied: “They only said that they had come to discuss some business with Imperial Daughter. They did not specify anything else. But that person has been working as a medicine merchant in Lan Zhou for a long time. Thinking about it, it might be related to this.”

Fu Ya looked toward Feng Jin Yuan and heard him say: “Have that person wait in the main hall. Prepare some tea.” He then said to Fu Ya: “This visit is bad. I fear that it will be related to medicine once again. Father will go along with you. We must not be suckered in by this person.”

To have Feng Jin Yuan following along, Fu Ya let out a sigh of relief. She was not afraid of anything else, but she was afraid of running into situations relating to medicine. She did not understand anything of it. If anything went wrong, things would get ugly.

The two arrived in the main hall and found that there was a man sitting there. He looked to be around 40 years of age, and he had a noble atmosphere. He also looked very shrewd, and he definitely looked like a merchant. Seeing them walk in, he quickly stood up and saluted to Fu Ya then very sincerely said: “This commoner pays respects to Imperial Daughter.”

Fu Ya nodded and did her best to speak in the same way as Feng Yu Heng would: “You may rise. There’s no need to be so courteous.” She then said to the servants: “Why has tea not been prepared for the sir?”

That person then waved his hands, “I don’t dare. I don’t dare.” He then saluted Feng Jin Yuan, “I have heard much about Mister Feng; however, I could never meet you because of the great distance. Today, it’s this lowly commoner that is very fortunate.”

Feng Jin Yuan chuckled and took the initiative to sit in the head seat. Fu Ya also sat to the side and heard Feng Jin Yuan say: “I previously lived in the capital and have never come to the South before. This time, I came with my wife and daughter to Lan Zhou, and I must thank the citizens of Lan Zhou and the lord prefect for their concern. Just now, I heard the servants say that mister is a medicine merchant?”