Chapter Five "Well Would You Look at That..."

Start from the beginning

"Maddie give me a hug..."

"Olivia, do not! I swear!" It comes out more of a giggle and Maddie quickly climbs up the ladder of the opposite bed- which is Benji's bed. Olivia takes another step forward and Maddie quickly takes Benji's neatly placed pillow into her hand and lifts it up.

"Awe, You think I'm scared of a pillow."

Maddie scoffs and throws it at her.

"Okay, Okay, That's enough. I need to use your phone to call my mom and tell her what happened."

...

"Okay, now that our first day is over with- time to put some order in the place" Katie clears her throat and stands on an old wooden table in the middle of the cafeteria with her same clipboard.

Olivia's head rests in her hand as she attempts to keep her eyes open. With every blink, her eyes get heavier and heavier and almost impossible to keep open. The sun isn't even up yet- which is ridiculous in Olivia's opinion. As she looks around the table- each of her friends has the same expression as hers- lifeless.

Benji's hair is a mess- well seeing as he didn't make any attempt to fix it this morning that would be the result. His brown eyes stay on his hands as his head slowly bobs up and down in attempted to stay awake.

Parker has somehow managed to pulls his long legs to his chest and his head rests on his knees as his tired eyes follow the small figure as it moves back and forth on the table. His blinks are tired and slow- and it's taking everything in him to keep his eyes open.

Her eyes then move to Maddie. Her hairs a frizzy mess thrown into a bun the sits lopsided on her head. Mascara is wiped under her eyes from the previous day and her eyes are just as tired and slow as the other two. But they aren't on the director- they're on something else. Olivia follows her gaze to the table where Calum, Luke, Ashton, Michael and Annabelle sit. At first- she thinks the girl is looking at Ashton, who's shirt is on backwards and inside out but then upon further inspection- they're on the blonde boy.

Moving her own gaze to Calum, he's actually taken the time to make himself look presentable. His hair is just as it was yesterday and his shirt is on curectly...unlike his friend. His eyes move between the director and Annabelle. She's in the same black spandex and camp shirt. Her hair tied into a look ponytail on top of her head.

"Okay, listen up. We've sorted each camper into an age group- so we can decide what activities are appropriate for what ages and what not. So, Meeting with the seven to nine-year-olds in the crafting hall this week will be..." Katie pauses for a moment, looking down at her clipboard and scanning each name carefully.

She clears her throat and starts listing off the names "Ashton I, Annabelle W, Courtney S, and Oliver M."

The four get up and Maddie lets out a breath she probably didn't know she was holding.

"After breakfast for the rest of the week, You'll report there first thing and set up with we've assigned. Some days, the 'crafts' will be outside and include the lake and what not- so just have patience with the kids."

"Okay, Zipline canopy tour, Giant swing and a leap of faith with the ten to twelve-year-olds will be Michael C, Samantha J, Benji M, Parker W, Zoe A, Cameron D, and Ethan D. Same thing as the other but you'll be meeting in the courtyard by the director call. When there either myself of Kathy will be there today to direct you and help you figure out how each thing works. So please take your leave now."

Parker groans and Benji ever so slowly climbs out of the bench and lazily walks over to the door.

"Okay with the canoeing, Tree climbing, Rock wall, group sports, Team building and Cascades Hike with the thirteen-year-olds and higher will be..." She clears her throat again and scans the clipboard.

At first, Olivia thinks she's definitely with this group- but then she remembers the kitchen staff and groans to herself.

"Uh... Oh okay. So, Maddie J, Grayson D, Nash G, Andrea R, Calum H, Luke H, and Olivia J. Okay seven will do the same as the others- but meet but the dock and wait for either Kathy or myself to assist you today."

Maddie immediately turns to Olivia with a grin. "We're together!"

Olivia smiles at her now alive friend and slowly slides out of her booth and waits for Maddie.

As they walk towards the door, Olivia feels something brush against her shoulder and she looks over to see Calum. He's got a lazy grin on his lips and he looks over to the girl

"Well would you look at that, We meet again."

....