Silence Is Golden (edited)

Elijah and Rebekah flew into Freya's room in a full-blown panic. "What in the world is going on?" Rebekah asked when she took in a very upset Merit, trying desperately to get out of Klaus's arms.

"She got a spanking for snarling at Freya." He stated as if there could be no other explanation while he fought to keep her in his arms.

"Why?" Elijah squinted as if sensing an underlying issue.

"She was trying to hurt me!" Merit wailed while pointing aggressively at Freya. Finally she managed to pull herself free of Klaus's grip so that she could dart out the door and stand behind Elijah and Rebekah for protection, she got the sense that these would be the two to protect her from any further unjustified punishments.

"I wasn't going to hurt her." She claimed flippantly, which not even Klaus bought for a second. "I was just trying to make her tell us why she bit Klaus." She gestured towards the girl. "She refuses to tell us. I have no other choice." She gestured again as if she were ready to start over.

"Is that true?" Rebekah turned around to face her. "You won't tell Klaus why you bit him?" Her tone was not angry at all, which encouraged her to answer honestly.

"No." She pouted and folded her arms. "I won't tell her." She glared at Freya.

"Why?" Elijah asked, as if he was starting to understand her reaction to his newest sister.

"Because it's not safe." She looked up at him with scared eyes that were pleading with him to keep Freya away from her.

"So, you are protecting Klaus?" He asked for clarification.

"Yes." She nodded. Sniffling as her tears began to subside.

"Freya, you are to leave her alone. Her relationship with and actions towards Klaus are none of your business." He stated in a matter of fact tone.

"He's my brother Elijah. What she does to him is most certainly my concern." She marched forward towards Merit again with her hands up in a threatening way, chanting ominously again.

Merit shrieked and ran franticly for help.

"Enough!" Klaus bellowed seeming to appear directly in Freya's path. "You will not lay a hand on her. I don't care if you think it's for my own good." Without missing a beat, he added. "Or any magic. She is completely off limits to you." The ominous glow of his yellow eyes was enough to cause her to take a frightened step back.

"Klaus." Rebekah caught his attention before he could truly begin to threaten his dense sister. "I think you owe someone an apology." She nodded in the direction of the painful screams of fear and torment that were heading towards his bedroom.

"You're right." He sighed, looking down. "You, leave her be Freya." He stated with a genuine threat in his voice.

After he left, Elijah turned back to Freya. "Sister, a mates bond is sacred." He held his hand behind himself to encourage his little mate to come to him from where she was hiding. "And what they do or say to one another needs to be respected, and let alone. You know this already from Alison and myself. You need to provide the same curtesy to Merit and Klaus." He squinted his eyes, waiting for a response from her.

"The difference is, Alison didn't bite into your arm and leave an un-healing wound. And then refuse to tell you why. Even though she's stated that she knows exactly why." She huffed irritably, trying to reason with him. She knew that without the support of at least Elijah, her hands were tied on the matter.

Rebekah spoke up at this point. "Freya, he hit her for you." The look of disgust on her face made it clear that she was angry with both of the siblings about this. "He hurt her and damaged her trust in him because you threatened her."