Little Girls Love Pink (edited)

The sun was nearly hovering over the courtyard by the time Merit blinked her eyes open again. Her face was pressed into Klaus's neck still, and her body was draped down his front and he held her tightly as he placed a platter of what smelled very much so like pig, but in a far more pleasant way, on the table.

"Well, good morning, sweet angel. I didn't think you would ever wake up." He chuckled before placing her down in her own chair, earning the most adorable pout from her.

"I'm sorry." She whined through a stretch and a yawn.

"Don't be my sweet. I'm glad you got some real rest." He reached for her glass. "Would you like some orange juice?" He asked, holding a pitcher of it up in question. She nodded a little, so he poured her a tall glass, which she took, and tried to sip it slowly like he had told her to do last night.

Elijah spoke as he emerged with a beautiful woman sitting on his hip. "Good morning Merit, I wanted you to meet my little mate. This is Alison." She was a blonde woman with bright blue eyes. He smiled as he set her down in the chair across from Merit.

The two girls waive shyly at one another. "Hello." They chirped in unison.

Klaus and Elijah sat beside their mates across from each other and placed food on their respective plates. The girls watched each other's plates and then their own, noting the way their mates treated both themselves and the new girl sat across from them.

"Klaus? What happened to your arm?" His brother asked curiously when he noticed the white bandage slip out of Klaus's sleeve.

"Ah yes, that." He chuckled, sitting up. "Merit bit me last night. Didn't you little minx?" He brushed his finger back and forth across her cheek to get her attention and tease her all at the same time. His big smile made her nip at his finger playfully.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, leaning into his chest when she noticed the fright on Alison's face.

"And it hasn't healed?" Elijah's face held curiosity, if not the slightest bit of concern. His mind wondered if her magic and their mothers may be intermingling in an unfamiliar way. Or if perhaps she were something other than a hybrid.

"Perplexing, isn't it?" Klaus turned his wrist over, and peeled back the bandage, to get a better look at it the jaw tracks that lined his wrist on the top and bottom of his wrist, trailing off over the opposite edge of his wrist. "I'll have Freya look at it." He dismissed, covering his wrist again as he reached over to cut up Merit's food after taking her knife from her. "No ma'am, you do not use knives. They are for Daddy's only." He looked at her from under his lashes to show her he was not upset with her.

"Have me look at what?" Freya asked as she strode into the room and sat down for breakfast with a yawning Rebekah on her heels. Klaus and Elijah glanced up at the girls as they sat down together.

"Merit bit me." Klaus shrugged to show he was neither offended nor concerned. "And for one reason or another, it's not healing." He concluded.

Merit shifted uncomfortably, feeling like she was about to be in trouble. "I didn't want to. It just... happened." She whispered to him, frightened as she was aware that they would all hear her.

"I know, love. I'm not mad at you, sweetheart." He brushed her cheek softly. "Eat your food before it gets cold." He said while pushing the sleeves of his shirt up to her elbows to allow her access to her hands.

"Interesting. I'd love to look at that." Freya exchanged glances with Rebekah, who seemed curious but not at all conceded.

"Definitely interesting." Rebekah nodded again to herself. "So, aside from eventful, how was the rest of your night?" She smiled at the newest Mikaelson Little.