31

That day after school, Hyunjin and I lazily launch on the bench, hidden away in the shadow of the huge oak tree that stands next to it. It almost becomes a tradition, meeting up here after school. Luckily, it's a lot cooler today than the past few days. The sun is still shining brightly but its sunrays bring a much more pleasant temperature down on us.

"I really wonder what Felix has in mind," Hyunjin muses, sitting back with a content sigh. "I hope we can become friends, all of us."

"Yeah, that would be cool," I reply, grinning as I see Minho and Felix approaching us, separating themselves from the crowd that marches towards the main gate. Felix waves enthusiastically and I see Minho chuckling at his friend's happy greeting.

"Hey guys," Felix greets us in English as he plops down next to Hyunjin.

"Yo." Minho lazily waves his hand, offering me a soft smile as our eyes meet.

My heart does a backflip and it doesn't go unnoticed by Hyunjin, who discreetly nudges my arm with a smug grin. Sighing deeply, I ignore him before I lean forward to face Felix.

"So what are the plans?" I ask him and a smile makes its way to his face.

"Minho orders pizza's, there's a good deal in a pizzeria near his apartment. Then we go to his place and have a movie night or something like that," he shrugs. "Sounds good, huh?"

"Wha-" Minho protests, but he gives in as Hyunjin and I nod enthusiastically.

With a soft growl, his shoulders slump and he shakes his head ever so slightly. "Unbelievable, now my friends even make plans in my house and my money without my consent."

"I think this the price for coming with us," Hyunjin points out, sticking out his tongue and Felix and I stifle a laugh.

"Ah, fair enough," the oldest sighs, mockingly defeated. "What's the pizza deal, Lix?"

The Australian immediately takes out his phone and after a few movements on the screen, he reads aloud, "Buy one, get one free. Goes for all flavors and sizes so that's pretty neat since there are four of us. It's only for pickup, though."

"Maybe you should call ahead," I suggest the older. "By the time we get there, the pizzas should be done."

Minho nods and takes out his phone from his bag before opening what I assume is the Domino's app because apparently, everyone has the pizza store's app on their phone nowadays. We sit in silence as the oldest places the orders and with a satisfied expression, he stuffs his phone inside his pocket.

"I was actually craving pizza," he admits.

Taking that as our cue to go, I jump up from the wooden bench, actually grateful to finally leave the hard seat. It definitely isn't comfortable for your back and butt, just like our other usual place inside the school building.

"Thank Jisung, if it wasn't for him you wouldn't even be with us right now," Felix jokes, even though we all know Minho would tag along eventually, with or without our consent. He isn't the kind of person that would give up that easily.

"Thanks, baby," the older happily states, wrapping his arms around me in an embrace that's literally breathtaking. Suddenly, I lowkey regret leaving the bench because Minho-style hugs are a little too enthusiastic sometimes, for the sake of my ribs. Still, I awkwardly hug him back, trying my best to ignore the presence of our best friends.

"Right in front of my fucking salad," Felix mutters and Hyunjin sighs.

"That's my line."

"Let's share it then, I guess we're going to use it a lot."