Chapter 12

I got out of the taxi and walked towards the entrance of the club. It was 11:50 so I was a little bit early. I pulled at my suit sleeve, the material annoying me. Father always expected us to look our best when we had meetings. I didn't have time to change before going to see Kellin but it didn't matter, he always said he loved a man in a suit. 

I nodded at the bouncer, Zac, as I jogged up the stairs, pushing the doors to the club open. My eyes immediately landed on Kellin and I smiled, noticing the concentration on his face as he mixed a drink. My smile faded as I noticed the three guys sitting at the bar, watching his every move. Nope. Kellin noticed me walking towards him and a smile crept across his face. He looked down, as if he was shy. 

I sat down next to one of his admirers, not saying a word. "Hey there, handsome. What can I get you to drink?" Kellin asked playfully. I smirked, resting my elbows on the bar. "A tequila soda would be nice. Thanks." I said simply, placing a 20 on the bar. "Looks like he likes you. Maybe you'll be the lucky one who gets to take that sexy thing home tonight." The man to my left said, his eyes following Kellin as he made my drink. 

I said nothing but on the inside I was fuming. The possessive side of me threatening to cause a bar fight. I didn't move though, watching as Kellin made my drink. He came over and put the drink in front of me, leaning over the bar to kiss me. My hand caressed his cheek lightly as we kissed for a couple seconds before he broke away and smiled. "Missed you today." He said simply, picking my 20 off the bar and going over to the register. 

"I think you've had enough of a show. Why don't you head somewhere else." I sighed, taking a sip of my drink and turning towards the man sitting next to me. "I didn't know, man. Don't want to start anything." He said defensively before standing up. "Uh huh. Have a good one." I said simply, turning back towards the bar. I smiled, watching as Kellin laughed with Alan, the both of them mixing drinks. He liked his job, and that made me happy. 

"Did I tell you how good you look in that suit. Because, damn, you look really good in that suit." Kellin sighed as he walked over, reaching over the bar to adjust my collar. "You like it?" I smiled, my eyes locking with his. It was different from the plain black and white suits that I normally wore. It was a blueish/gray three piece suit with a white button up underneath. He nodded before responding. "Love it. I have half the mind to take you into the back and let you use that tie for something else." 

"Why don't we wait until you're off work so you're all mine? I'll use this tie however you'd like me to." I smirked, feeling the excitement building. A blush crept across Kellin's cheeks and he nodded, going back to making drinks. A few more tequila sodas and a couple hours later, Kellin was closing up and we were leaving. "My place?" Kellin asked, smiling at me as I held the door open for him. "Anywhere. Just need you with me." I sighed, earning a giggle from Kellin.  

As we walked I noticed Kellin wrapping his arms around himself so I took off my suit jacket and wrapped it around his shoulders. "What a gentlemen! And they say chivalry is dead." Kellin joked causing me to laugh and wrap an arm around his waist, pulling him closer to me. 

"Vic." A stern voice called after me causing Kellin and I to stop walking. I turned around to see a tall figure masked by darkness walking towards us. "Father sent me to get you since you don't seem to like listening to him. You need to come down with me." Michael spoke. Kellin looked nervous, his grip on my hand tightening. "Brother?" He whispered, his warm breath hitting my neck. I nodded, watching as Michael got closer to us. "Mike, I was there earlier today what does he need from me? You're helping him out aren't you? Oh this is my boyfriend Kellin by the way, nice of you to introduce yourself" I sighed in annoyance. 

Mike looked at Kellin and nodded before focusing back on me. "You know I love helping him but he said he needs you to come down now." Michael stated, businesslike as per usual. He never showed emotion. No excitement, no happiness. Only greed. "What could he possibly want from me right now?" I complained, feeling the frustration in me begin to build. "Does it matter? He asked you to come down now. You listen to father." Michael responded sternly. "I'm literally doing exactly what he sent me here to do why does he need me down there?" I shouted. 

"Down." Kellin muttered, pulling me from my thoughts. "What?" I responded in confusion. "What do you mean by down? You keep saying down." He asked, looking at me curiously. Mike laughed, shaking his head. "You haven't told him." He sighed, amusement plastered on his face. "Mike stop it." I ordered, my grip on Kellin's hand tightening. "Told me what?" Kellin asked, concern growing in his voice. 

"Oh just where we're from. What we do. What we are. Your boyfriend Vic here seems to forget sometimes." Mike spoke, sarcasm laced with every word. I was fuming. "You think you can just come here and ruin everything don't you Mike. Maybe that way you'd have a chance at running Father's stupid ass kingdom. That's all you ever wanted anyways. For me to screw up so you could take over." I sneered, letting go of Kellin's hand taking a step towards Mike.

"Kingdom?" Kellin muttered, mainly to himself. I quickly turned around, my eyes meeting his. "Vic has a lot of explaining to do doesn't he?" Michael mocked, causing me to snap. "Enough!" I growled, my voice booming throughout the empty street. I whipped around and pushed him as hard as I could,  watching as he flew through the air, slamming into the brick wall behind him. "Vic what the fuck!" Kellin exclaimed, his hands covering his mouth. 

"I'm sorry, he just went too far." I muttered, my chest rising and falling quickly. Kellin's eyes left mine and darted behind me. "Where did he go?" Kellin asked anxiously. I turned around and looked at the spot on the ground where Mike was. "Like I said, a lot of explaining." Mike called from across the street before a car passed in front of him. When it drove by, he was gone. Kellin stared at where Mike had been for a few seconds before slowly turning to me.

"Vic what the fuck is this. Where did he go and how the hell did you push him like that." Kellin spoke quickly. "Kellin I-I- just..Fuck!" I yelled, grabbing at my hair and pacing in frustration. "I don't know how to- you just wouldn't... I don't want to scare you away." I muttered, desperation filling my voice. Kellin walked over and grabbed me by my shirt, quickly pressing his lips to mine in a passionate kiss. "I love you, I trust you,  just say it." He ordered, his eyes never leaving mine. 

I thought for a second before speaking. "I'm a demon." I shook my head, not knowing how to go about explaining who I was. "My father is a ruling demon. He rules a kingdom in hell that I'm supposed to rule next. He sent me to the mortal world to find my mate so I can rule after him and keep his souls from breaking loose. You're my chosen mate, Kellin. I need you. We're connected now. I-I don't know how else to say it. You're the chosen one. You're going to rule my kingdom in hell with me." I muttered, looking for any reaction on his face. 

Kellin nervously laughed. "What is this, some kind of prank? Cause I think I missed it." Not the reaction I was expecting. Somehow this made it worse. I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't think of anything to say. I just shook my head and looked at the ground. "I can't explain it." I sighed, taking both his hands in mine. 

"But I can show you." 

The familiar burning feeling took over my body as we descended. Kellin's grip on my hands only tightened as the sounds of some of the souls could faintly be heard. 

And then we were there. 

Home.