Chapter 2

Kellin's POV:

I tied the laces of my nasty work sneakers and stood up. I really didn't feel like working tonight but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I closed the door to my apartment and took the stairs down to the lobby. "Hey Jenna how are you?" I sang, hopping off the last step.

Jenna is the building's manager and she's one of my best friends. "Not too great Kellin, not too great." She huffed, laying her head down on her desk. "Oh is it that time of the month?" I joked. She slowly lifted her head up and glared at me. "Kellin I'm going to give you ten seconds to get the fu.ck out of here or I will kick your gay ass." She mumbled.

I laughed and crossed my arms. "Alright moody, I'll take that as a yes." I said with a smile, tilting my head a little. Jenna squinted her eyes, giving me a death glare. "Ten, nine, eight, seven..." I stood still, trying not to laugh. "Six, five, four..." She continued, raising her eyebrows. "Three...two.." She stood up and I ran out the door.

I slowed down and started walking the few blocks towards my job. It was 11:30 so I had thirty minutes to kill. I took my time walking enjoying the gentle breeze. I stopped by starbucks and grabbed an iced coffee considering I'm going to be working until 5 AM. I was about to cross the street when a large black car drove past, stopping in front of the club I worked at.

The light turned red so I stopped, not feeling like getting hit by a car. I took a sip of my iced coffee and watched as the door to the car opened. And then it happened. Perfection stepped out onto the side walk. I choked on my iced coffee and started coughing violently.

I caught my breath and stood up straight again, looking across the street. Perfection was staring right at me and I swear shivers went up my spine. "You alright?" He shouted to me. Don't embarrass yourself in front of perfection Kellin. "Uhh yeah. I-I'm alright!" I shouted back. Oh my god I'm such a dork.

Perfection laughed and waved before going into the club. I threw my iced coffee into the garbage can and reached into my pocket, grabbing a piece of gum. I doubt perfection would enjoy coffee breath. I walked across the street and waved at the bouncer, Zack. "Hey big guy." I joked. He held up his hand for a high five and I jumped up, high fiving him.

"Hey Kellin whats up?" He asked, crossing his arms. "Not much, anyways, what was the name of that little piece of perfection that just came in?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "Uh Vic Fuentes I think? Why does, little Kellin have a crush?" He mocked. I slapped his arm.

"Yes actually he does asshole, thanks for the info." I scoffed, walking into the club. I made my way up the stairs and into the back staff room, getting ready for the night shift I always worked. I walked out towards the bar and smiled at the bartender I was working with, Alan.

I grabbed a cup for Alan to pour the drink he was making into. I put ice and a little bit of water in the cup and swirled it around, cooling the glass. "Thanks Kell, ready for a long night?" Alan asked, pouring the drink into the cup. "Always Ashby, always." I smiled.

"You get the left side and I got the right." He said, cleaning a glass with his rag. I nodded and walked over to the left side of the bar, typing my name into the computer. I turned around only to have perfection staring at me. Apparently known as Vic Fuentes.

I mentally told myself to calm down and smiled, leaning my arm on the bar. "What can I get you?" I shouted over the music. "Whatever beer on tap you've got." He said, resting his chin in his hand. I looked at him for a second before I shook my head at him and turned around, completely ignoring his request for a beer and making a margarita.

He didn't strike me as a beer kind of guy so I followed my instincts and make my specialty. I shook the margarita before pouring it into the cup I had set out. "Here you go." I said, pushing the drink towards him. "No beer?" He asked, picking up the glass. I shook my head. "I think you'll like this better." I said, watching him take a sip. He put the glass down and nodded in approval. "You were right... I'm sorry what's your name?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

I smiled before responding. "Kellin." I said simply. "I'm Vic, nice to meet you." I was about to say something when another customer called me over. I smiled at Vic one more time before walking over to the customer that called me and took his order. Soon the club was packed and I had a shit ton of stuff to do.

After a couple hours I was exhausted. Come on only fifteen minutes till I'm done. It had been a crazy night. Probably one of the busiest nights of the summer. I felt Vic's eyes on me so I went over and took his empty cup, rinsing it out and putting it in the sink.

"Can I get you anything else perf-I mean- Vic." I said, trying not to blush. "I'm good thank you, I think I've had enough for one night." He said with a laugh. I smiled and I was about to walk away when he spoke again. "Hey Kellin?" He asked, stopping me in my tracks. "Yeah, whats up?" I asked curiously, walking back over to him. "What time do you finish working."

"Oh um about ten minutes." I said, feeling my heart beat quicken. "Cool, I'm going to wait outside, I'll see you in a few." He said, waving before walking off. I watched him leave, my eyes scanning his body. It was almost like a force was drawing me to him. I was completely intrigued by him. I made one last drink before walking into the back to get my stuff.

I looked in the mirror and fixed my hair, trying to make myself look a little presentable. I walked down the stairs and said hey to Zack before looking around for Vic. I saw him leaning against the wall of the club, talking on the phone. I walked over, catching his attention. "Oh I gotta go dad, alright bye." He said before hanging up and putting his phone away.

"Hey." I said, smiling at him. "Hey, it was really nice meeting you." He said, smiling back at me. "It really was." I replied, feeling my face heat up. He was so calm and collected and I was a nervous wreck. "Do you think I could get your phone number?" He asked, still smiling lightly at me. I nodded and watched as he took out his phone, handing it to me. I typed in my name and number and gave it back, smiling at him.

"Cool, I know this is sudden but are you free tomorrow by any chance? I would love to get to know you better." He said, his eyes burning into mine. "Oh, um yeah I don't have work or anything so yeah." I stammered, glancing down at my feet. His features were so striking it was hard to look at him for too long. "I can pick you up from your house if you want. How does 4:00 sound?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

He was so forward and confident with everything. It intrigued me a lot, I had never met someone like that before. It was basically impossible for me to say no. I nodded and smiled lightly, pushing the hair out of my eyes. Everything he did and said was interesting, leaving me wanting to know more and more about him. His smile widened when I said yes, he was honestly beautiful. "Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Kellin. He said, my name rolling off his tongue perfectly.

He caught me off guard by pressing his lips to my cheek before walking away without a word. I swear it felt like I got burned when he kissed me, it was probably my adrenaline. I stood there for a minute and processed everything that just happened before walking home. I walked into the building, up the stairs and into my apartment, collapsing on my bed.

Whoever this Vic Fuentes was, I wanted more.