Chapter 25 - Nate

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to finish my book." Eleanor grins at Delilah. "Come to my room after so we can talk about it!"

Del gives her a wink. Harmony rushes over to hug her and Del laughs, returning the gesture easily.

"I'm so excited you're back." Harmony grins up at her. "We should bake cookies today!"

"We should." Del agrees. "Later, though. Okay, squirt?"

My chest warms at her use of my nickname for Mona.

"Okay." Harmony agrees and skips out of the living room.

"Are you two staying the night?" Mom asks.

"Yeah. We've got to head out tomorrow afternoon. I have to start training for my next match and Del needs to finish her book before her next deadline."

"Well, we better make the most of today then." Mom gives Delilah an apologetic look. "The kids are right—I'm probably going to hog your son all day."

"Go for it." Del laughs. "That just means I can go and get some sleep right now."

"So I can keep him until then?" She bounces on her toes.

"Mom, he's just napping. What're you going to do—stare at him?"

"Yes." She says in a duh voice. Then she walks away and heads for her room without waiting for a reply.

"Oh wait, babe. Dinner..." Dad trails off when Mom closes the door behind her and sighs. "Never mind. I'll make it. Hope you like fajitas, Del. I'm kind of a master of them."

"Fajitas sound great, Matt. Thank you."

"Great. Let me go look for Mona. I could use her enthusiasm in the kitchen."

He heads off and I grab Del's hand, leading her up the stairs to my room.

"I hope you weren't serious about sleeping." I tell her over my shoulder with a wicked grin. "Cause I'm not about to let you."

That sweet blush takes over her cheeks as she admits, "That's totally fine with me."

I throw my head back in laughter at the unexpected response. "Damn, Angel. I think I've officially corrupted you."

"Actually..." She bites her lip and closes the door of my bedroom shut, locking it then leaning against it. I hold back a smile at the direction this is going in.

"What?" I ask curiously.

She takes a deep breath. I tilt my head and watch her carefully. What does she look so nervous about?

"I...um." She looks down at her boots and I follow her gaze. The white boots are hot as fuck. They disappear into her trench coat so I can't tell how long they are but since her trench coat falls just under her knees, I'd guess they're knee-length. The heels aren't too long but they're stilettos and that just makes them look even sexier. I've found myself wondering all day why she's wearing these. I know Del prefers comfort over style, especially now that she has Zack. I figured she missed dressing up but something about the way she's acting right now tells my gut I'm wrong about that.

"Baby, what is it?" I keep my eyes on her as I take off my coat and fling it on to my bed. I sit on the edge of my bed and pat the spot next to it, wanting to talk about whatever is bothering her.

"I wanted to do something for you." She says instead and ignores my request.

"Okay?" I'm obviously not following.

"In an intimate way." She elaborates and my brows go up. I definitely didn't see that coming.

She pushes the hair out of her face and I notice she has more makeup on than usual. It's still pretty natural looking but it also somehow looks more. Her hair is styled too, I realize. She usually keeps it straight but today it's in long waves that reach the middle of her back. Something is definitely going on here.