Chapter Twenty Six

Six hours.

Six hours have passed since Draco has last seen her. Panic had already seized his heart, but now another emotion was taking over; Hopelessness. He could tell from the numbness in his cold limbs and from his watery eyes.

He didn't know where they were. Theo and him have wandered quite far from their camping spot. Of course, he did put a spell in that place to inform him if any human steps into the wards.

The only link he has between himself and his body is the sound of heavy pounding of his heart in his ears. Even Theo's eyes have dulled with every hour that passed in search of her.

"Krum," Draco spits. "It was Krum."

"How can you be so sure?" Theo murmurs.

"Who else could it be, Theo? Who else could it fucking be?!" He hisses, coming to a stop. Theo huffs out a long breath and turns to face him. "I know you're worried. Hell, even I'm worried now, but we have to remain calm and keep looking."

"We've been looking for the past six hours!" He snarls, his face turning red from barely controlled rage.

Theo shakes his head. "That's all we can do for now- except, if you want me to take the portkey back to school," he says slowly.

Draco's face scrunched up in thought, because quite frankly, his brain had slowed down in the past hours.

"Isn't there a way to call McGonagall?" He asks, because he doesn't want to be left all alone here with no means of communication. He has to know if she was safe or not, if help was coming or not.

"Mate, I really don't know," Theo flops down on the ground, wincing because of the sharp pebbles underneath.

Draco sighs in defeat and drops down on the ground beside Theo.

"Malfoy," someone spits his name. Draco's head jerks up at that voice and he jumps to his feet. "Krum," he snarls.

"Where is Hermione?" He hisses in his thick Bulgarian accent. "You tell me that!" Draco roughly grabs him by the collar and narrows his eyes threateningly.

"How am I supposed to know where she is? You are a bloody death eater, you tell me," he seethes.

"Shut the fuck up, you fat bitch," Theo jumps in. "You have no fucking idea about what you're saying, so shut that trap up. Hermione is our partner, our friend. Last I noticed, she didn't even want to look at you. So, you can get the hell out of here. And if you have anything to do with her disappearance, you better tell us right now!"

Krum stares at him, and then purses his lips. "She means a great deal to me, Mr Nott."

Draco clenches his jaw shut and glares at him. "How the fuck do you know about Granger?" He hisses.

"I saw you both wandering about without her, so I followed you. Clearly I was right. You're incapable of taking care of her," he replies hotly.

"I'd watch that mouth if I were you, Krum," Draco warns.

"Viktor!" They hear someone shout. A girl, who Draco vaguely remembers as Claudia, comes into view. She avoids Draco's eyes and comes to stand beside Krum. "There's no sign of her," she pants.

"Who the fuck is she talking about?" Draco growls.

"Listen to me, Malfoy. You may not know this, but Hermione was once friend of mine. Everything that happened in that small town was a trick. I was under a curse!" Krum says through clenched teeth.