Chapter 2

So we both basically did half and half of this chapter, hope you like it! :D 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groggily open my eyes to a dark and very cramped space, and then I realize that I am under the high-jump mat.

But how?

I turn my head and look to where I remember I saw the trapdoor.

It was gone.

I can’t have dreamt that... It felt so real.

But it seemed reality didn’t agree with me.

“Rhana! I give up, come out already!” I could hear Felix yelling from outside the shed. I quickly pull out my phone from my left pocket, although I could’ve sworn I had put it in my right pocket last...

Eh, oh well.

I check the time on my phone...

YES! I FINALLY BET SARA’S RECORD! 20 MINUTES! I silently party in my head.

“Rhana! Come on! Sara has already gone home and mum and dad are waiting for me in the car! Hurry up!” Felix yells again, sounding further away.

I smile happily as I revel in the victory of beating Sara’s high score. I quickly put my phone back in my pocket and squirm out from underneath the high-jump mat.

“Rhana! I’m leaving now!” Felix yells.

“I’m here!” I call out to him as I jog out of the shed.

Felix looks over his shoulder and lets out a sigh of relief when he sees me.

“Took you long enough. Where were you hiding anyway?” He asks curiously.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out.” I say cheekily as I give him a wink.

“Ugh fine... Anyway, I have to go now, se-” Felix stops in midsentence, a look of disbelief on his face as he stares at me.

“Are you wearing contacts or something?”

“Uhm... No... Why do you ask?” I question him, clearly confused.

“Your eyes... They aren’t brown anymore... They are like, a greeny amber. Are you sure you aren’t wearing any?” He asks again.

“Hah hah hah, very funny Felix.” I say sarcastically.

“No, I’m not joking Rhana!” He insists.

I hear a car toot and turn my head towards the car park to see Felix’s parents slowly driving off in their car.

“Looks like you’re about to miss your ride.” I say.

“Shoot. I’M COMING MUM!!” he yells.

“See ya, Rhana.” Felix eyes me suspiciously.

“Bye. See ya tomorrow for sports day.” I say feigning enthusiasm.

Felix hops into his mum’s car and rolls down the window.

“Oh yeah, good luck Rhana.” He says wiggling his eyebrows at me.

Ugh, I’ve always been terrible at sports, no need for him to rub it in.

“Shut up.” I say bluntly.

I hear his laughter as his car speeds off.

~~~*~~~