"Well." Angela smiles. "That's why we were keen about dinner."

"Angela and I have created our own party planning business! We're launching on Wednesday."

"Aw Mum, Angela, I, wow, I'm so proud and excited for you." I grin.

"You two were right! We enjoy party planning and now that our kids no longer need us, we need something else to do with our lives," Angela says.

"That's amazing! We'll recommend your planning services to everyone," Blake comments.

"Thank you!" Angela cheers.

"If the business goes well, Thomas and I might be kept men." Dad beams with happiness.

"Now that would be something to celebrate. I could be a good housewife." Thomas smiles.

"You would if we hired someone to clean and cook." Angela rumbles with laughter.

"I don't consider that a roast because I would prefer someone else to take care of the domestic duties. I could go out and have a spa day or something."

"Don't get too excited, the business might not go anywhere." Angela sighs.

Thomas rests his arm on the chair and laughs.

"There's no way this business will fail with you two."

"Thank you." Angela smiles.

"We should eat before the food gets cold," I say.

Mum takes London's plate and dishes pasta onto it. She smiles with happiness as the creamy pasta is stacked onto it.

"Now that's a face you make when I serve you food," Blake whispers.

"You're right about that." I chuckle.

* * * * *

London skips into the lounge room and plonks onto the couch. Blake sits behind me and I rest against his warm chest. She crawls across the cushions and snuggles against me. I wrap my arms around her body and kiss her head.

She leans back and pokes my stomach. Her blue eyes meet mine and she frowns.

"How does a baby fit in there?"

"Babies start super tiny, like those icky peas."

"Oh." She wrinkles her nose.

"Over the course of nine months, the baby grows and develops. Once it's finished growing, the mother gives birth and you have a baby."

"Hm." She ponders.

I pull my shirt up and Blake slides his hand over my stomach. London presses her ear to my stomach and sighs.

"What are you doing?"

"Listening to the baby."

"You can't hear anything right now, but when the baby is born, you will." I giggle.

She rests on my stomach and I drape an arm around her back. I twirl strands of her blonde hair around my finger and she falls asleep.

Blake kisses my shoulder and his warm breath tickles my skin.

"I'm going to die of happiness once our little bub gets here."

"Don't die on me, I need one more child after this one." I chuckle.

"I'll stay alive then."

"Do you want to carry her to bed?" I yawn.

"In a second, I'm trying to memorise this moment."

We sit in silence until Blake slides off the couch. He scoops London into his arms and carries her to the bedroom. She stirs but goes back to sleep once the blankets are on.

He turns her night light on and piles the unicorns onto the bed which makes her smile. We creep down the hallway and Blake swings me into the air.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking my wife to bed."

He carries me into the bathroom and places me on the bench.

"Thanks." I smile.

We brush our teeth and wander into the bedroom. I sprawl across the bed and collect the paint samples and toss them into the drawer.

"We still need to decide on the colour for the nursery."

"What are your thoughts?" Blake grins.

"Soft yellow or grey."

"Now I'm thinking about baby elephants."

"That would be adorable." I smile.

"Should we wait for the gender reveal or go with a yellow room?"

"We could have an outdoor theme, with a sky or something?"

"I don't mind, just as long as you don't make the room pink if we're having a boy."

"Alright." I nod. "I'm obsessive over cute baby elephant prints."

"Let's sleep on it then."

Blake slides under the covers and pushes my shirt up. He kisses my stomach and flops beside me. I wrap myself around his body and kiss his chest.

"Goodnight, my loves," he murmurs.

I squeeze him and snuggle a little closer. 

I'm sure it's Saturday somewhere 😂