"Do whatsoever you deem fit, do i look like I give a damn?"

David carried on, pretending that didn't just happen. Bored out of his wits, he subconsciously tapped the marble desk as the sound reverberated round the silent room. Eyes turned to him once more.

"We won't tolerate this insolence any longer." David, his general manager of seven years gritted out.

Frustrated, he stood.

"Where to?" David questioned, but he merely shrugged, putting on his sunglass.
"Alexander Nicholas Roy!!"

Lexis screeched to a halt. "We aren't done here yet."

"But I am." Came his abrupt reply.

David ran a frustrated hand through his short, bald hair. With the way things were going, Lexis would be the end of him.

"You can't just walk out of an extremely important executive meeting."

"Oh well, I just did."

David gritted his teeth. "Till when are we gonna do this till, huh?"

Lexis turned to face him and he finally sighed when he saw David's aged, wrinkled face. Lexis could swear the grey hair and wrinkles were his doings. David Beckham was only forty five years, yet he looked 60!

Lexis gave him his usual boyish grin. David groaned as Lexis placed his arms tenderly on his shoulders. Lifting his sunglass above his eyebrow, "I trust you to make it worthwhile. Do it like you've always done," when David opened his mouth to protest, Lexis cut him off. "I trust that genius brain of yours to come up with something worthwhile. It's not like my presence there would actually make a difference." Lexis shrugged, voicing out his mind.

Lexis fixed his tie, an helpless look in his eyes, "I dread meetings." He faced David, "Cook up excuses as usual. Make up something they'd believe as reason for my absence." Lexis winked.

David closed his eyes and counted to ten, clenching his fist. Migraine had become his inseparable pal, for the past seven years. He couldn't help but think Richard's choice of CEO was a complete mistake. Of course, Richard Roy was his really good friend and had personally handed Lexis over to him, on his sick bed, back then. He'd entrusted David with his only son and had made him vow he'd look after him.

Only David had really underestimated Lexis' nonchalance and Richard's hesitation, about handing over his company to his son. Richard had so fretted about handing over his CEO position to his son. Now, David could really understand the poor man's plight. Alexander Roy was nothing to write home about!

"You're the only one that knows the real reason. I don't do meetings. And hey, that stays between us!" David heard Lexis say and before he could utter a single word, Lexis had already vanished.

And then and there, David knew one of them would be the end of the other. And he knew whom.

Lexis entered the lobby, his sunglass back to its previous position. Already accustomed to attention drawn to his masculine aura, Lexis didn't spare anyone any glance. His hangover was long forgotten by now.

Few minutes being seated in his office, his receptionist entered and brought forth some files,
"Sir, these are the list of applicants."

Lexis' eyes shot up. He'd completely forgotten about the interview for PA selection. All the more reason to conduct the interview and have his PA read his schedules to him and serve as a reminder. And it is like what? The twentieth interview he'd be conducting and the year had only begun.

Ann exited the room and the first candidate entered. Lexis scrunched up his nose in disgust. She was way too fat and even had to squeeze her way into his office.