The Tragedies Repeat: The Death of a King

Start from the beginning

The young Soo-Won looks confused at this book and sets it off to the side. A thirst for understanding consumes his mind, as he looks for a specific book. A few moments pass in silence as his eyes scan the different texts that the palace has to offer before he finds the one that he was looking for, A hard black leather cover binds and keeps the books together with the word "裏切り(Uragiri)"  meaning  "Betrayal" in fancy writing in a blood red color, giving off an ominous vibe as if something unforgivable was written inside and even those who had never even touched the book knew what it was.

Soo-Won opens the book and sifts through the pages, stopping at a specific page titled "彼女の王を殺した彼女(Kanojo no ō o koroshita kanojo)" meaning "She Who Killed Her King". He reads aloud the words written upon the old pages of the ancient text. "The Black Dragon Warrior is known for many things, the most notable being her ability to manipulate any that stand before her to do her bidding. She is the one responsible for the death of the first king, Hiryuu, the Crimson Dragon King, it is said that she befriended the original Dragon Warriors only to break their hearts and souls, by spilling the blood of Hiryuu.

"She is a witch that deserves nothing but death by our hands." says the Hakuryuu. "We loved her ... and this is what she gave us in return." says the Seiryuu. "She may have gotten us to pity her, but everything happens for a reason, now we know that every thing that happened to her she deserved." says the Ryokuryuu. "She will never again be one of us. We made a mistake that we will never again make. We let her in and this happened, we will never fall for this act again. Though we may not be there to smite her, our descendants will enact the revenge that King Hiryuu deserves." says the Ouryuu.

These quotes were written upon the stone monuments of the first Dragon Warriors, which now reside hidden high up in the mountains. The Hakuryuu's statue depicts the first Hakuryuu, his dragon hand which houses a pure white diamond on the back of the palm. The Seiryuu's statue shows the first Seiryuu, his dragon eyes as the most blue sapphires. The Ryokuryuu's statue depicts a beautiful emerald on his boot that covers the first Ryokuryuu's dragon leg. The Ouryuu's statue shows an amber over the first Ouryuu's heart as a representation for is dragons body. Though there are records of the Black dragon having a statue made in her honor, however, after the death of King Hiryuu the statue of the Black Dragon Warrior mysteriously vanished so we have no solid evidence on what she looks like.

The only thing we know about her is that she has black hair and red eyes. She keeps her dragon wings hidden under her clothing," The young Soo-won closes the flips through the rest of the rather aged book in an attempt to find out more about the mystery of the Kuroryuu, sadly however he finds none. Soo-won closes the book and moves to place it back into the shelf only to freeze as an ancient looking drawing of the Five Dragon Warriors along with King Hiryuu falls out of the aged book.

He picks it up curiously, delicately picking it up, afraid to harm the ancient paper. Though it is rather aged one is still able to tell which person is which, a stern looking white haired man stares up at the young boy with a mean gaze, a green haired Male gazes at Soo-won with half lidded eyes, a blue haired man has his hand in that of a black haired woman who in turn has her free arm around a childish looking blond young man.

Behind the blond is a red haired male with a warm look on his face, his hand on the shoulder of the black haired woman. "They are the original Dragon Warrior" Soo-won mumbles in awe, his eyes then glance at the black haired female, "The Kuroryuu" he gasps softly and looks at the picture in confusion. "Why did you kill your king, Kuroryuu?" The young boy asks, no malice or hatred, rather in its place is an innocent confusion that intrigued the young boy.

All the books and written information on the Kuroryuu depicts her as a person who the Devil itself fears, wether it be her rage when the first Seiryuu was kidnapped for his power in which she killed hundreds of the men guilty of being accomplices or doing the deed themselves, or her warm compassion that draws you in and makes you feel safe, only for her to rip your heart out as she betrays you and leaves you behind as if you were nothing.