Chapter 20 - Sleepover

Start from the beginning

You were able to stomach dinner, but the rice didn't settle well. After a long walk around camp to clear your thoughts, you went back to Hoseok's tent. You pulled back the flap slowly, hoping everything had been a dream, and that in reality he would be waiting inside for you.

He wasn't.

You sat on top of your bed mat and held your knees. The men wouldn't touch you, you knew that, but not having Hoseok to block the entrance made the tent feel too large and empty for just you.

Wait for your master to come home...

The kiss he left on your forehead felt genuine, but it didn't feel romantic.

Did he have any genuine feelings towards you? Or did he just want you in his mission to bring down Namjoon?

The flap of the tent opened, and your heart shot to your throat... then dropped into your knees.

It wasn't Hoseok.

"You're still awake," Yoongi said flatly, looking down at you.

You blinked. "Why..."

"You're going to get ill if you don't sleep," he said. "Then you'll be even more useless to me."

You looked at Hoseok's bed for a moment before turning your eyes back to your knees.

"I'll do my best," you said in a half-whisper.

He sighed, closing the tent flap behind him. He removed his outer robe, laying it beside Hoseok's bed. He then leaned over and adjusted the blankets.

"What are you --"

"Stop talking."

He grunted to himself as he finished sorting the blankets, then slipped his feet under them. He leaned back, trying to adjust the wooden pillow. With a final grunt, he went still, staring at the ceiling.

It was quiet.

"Stop worrying about him," he finally said. "He's skilled at what he does."

"I'm not worried," you lied.

"You're not in love with him, are you?"

You frowned. "No. I care about him as my master."

"Cute," Yoongi replied, chuckling darkly. "But you're a woman and he's a man, and you spend every night in the same tent together. These mats aren't that far apart. You can't tell me that nothing has happened between you."

"The only physical thing that happens between us happens in the training center, when he beats the hell out of us during training," you said. "There's nothing else. There has never been anything else."

You don't know why you were so adamant about Yoongi understanding that there was nothing between you and Hoseok, but you wanted him to stop assuming you were the woman he thought you were.

Even though, in all honesty, Hoseok's touch had been anything but disciplinary when he had you in his lap at the Red House.

"Keep it that way," Yoongi replied, lethargic. "Remember that Hoseok is training you for his own purposes. Don't get his intentions confused with love. Trust me. That's not what it is."

You scrunched your nose. "I had no assumptions."

"You should find yourself a nice little boy in the city. One with a good, honorable job. A carpenter or blacksmith, maybe. Have kids. Raise a family. Sell wares in the marketplace."

"...then watch my husband work himself to death as my children starve? That's the life you want me to build?"

He sat up and turned to you, eyes narrowing.