Chapter Eighteen: The First 'I Love You'

Start from the beginning

"Rosalie, They're with Edward and Jasper now. They're family. And we protect our family." Carlisle finished. Rosalie rolled her eyes not making a move.

"We never intended for this to happen, Rosalie." Daniella started before being interrupted by Rosalie herself.

"Yeah, I bet not, princess." She glared at Dani. Jasper was about to step in, but Daniella beat him to it.

"Listen here and listen good." Daniella glared taking a few steps closer to Rosalie. Everyone stopped to watch the encounter closely, but she didn't really care about anything at the moment. She only wanted to keep the people she loved safe. "I am not a princess and I certainly don't want the people I care about to die for me. Understood? That includes you. No matter how many walls you put up and act like you hate us, I can see right through them." Daniella let out a sad, bitter laugh, "Trust me, I did it for years. I would do anything to make your family safe again, alright?" Dani picked up the jacket, "So, do not act like this is something we wanted to happen." She spoke, throwing the jacket back into Rosalie's arms roughly before turning back and walking to the spot she had been standing in prior, crossing her arms in anger.

    Rosalie was shocked. No one had ever stood up to her like that before. She, suddenly, felt an immense amount of respect run through her as she looked at the brunette. She nodded and slid off the counter putting the clothes on silently.

    Carlisle opened the garage door, turned and squeezed his boys shoulders and then hopped into the SUV with Esme. Everyone finished packing up the cars, and then Jasper walked over to Daniella as she stood next to the car Alice was going to be taking with them.

"I swear Jasper. If anyone gets hurt because of me. I-" She was interrupted by Jasper's alluring voice.

"We won't, it's five to two. I promise, when this is all over, I'm going to come get you." He told her, pulling her closer to him. "I love you, Daniella. You're my life now." He told her. Daniella's heart fluttered and she took a breath. She looked into Jasper's eyes and leaned up slowly, nudging her nose against his.

"I love you too, Jasper Whitlock." She whispered before they leaned closer, their lips meeting with a spark, possibly for the last time.

~•~

    Daniella was sat in the passenger seat next to Alice. Bella was in the back trying to call Renee, but only getting voice mail. She probably forgot to charge her phone again. Daniella watched as trees flew by the window from the speed that Alice was driving. She was trying to get the twins as far away from Forks as fast as she could. Dani sighed as she felt the distance grow between her and Jasper. It was something she'd like to not happen as much as she's thinking it will.

    It wasn't long before they pulled into a hotel, each of them getting out as Alice talked to the valet and told them to take care of the expensive vehicle. One by one, they walked into the hotel and up to the room Alice had chosen for them to reside in for the time being. They settled in quickly, not even bothering to unpack their things. They weren't going to be staying long enough.

"You two should eat." Alice offers, motioning to a plate of complementary snacks that had been left on the table for them. Daniella was to anxious to even think about being hungry.

"This is to dangerous. They could get hurt." Dani spoke as she paced the floor in front of Alice. Bella was sat in a chair nervously biting her nails. "It's not worth it, Alice."

"Yes. It is." She insisted. Daniella was slightly surprised by the statement. Alice was always nice to them, but she still felt that Alice and her were going to take time to accept one another. However, maybe it was just Daniella because Alice seemed pretty accepting of the Swan sisters already. "Jasper has changed immensely since you've come here, Daniella. And none of us want to see him resort back to his emotionless way of living for the next hundred years if he was to lose you. It's worth it."