t h i r t y t h r e e

when we made it to the hotel room, the hype and adrenaline was up until the alcohol headache really did come in during midway make-out.

soon after, we were heading back to LA.

so, you made any decision?"zion asked, as he looked at me with his attempted puppy eyes.

"though we maybe dating now, and we hung out on a little getaway, it doesn't mean i'm passing an opportunity on traveling around the world," i look away, scrolling through a funny wattpad story. "and you're not gonna be doing anything with me."

"you mean-" he looked at me and looked down.

"im sorry sir, but both of us fell asleep right afterwards," i roll my eyes at him.

"liliana marquez, i'm your boyfriend. and you'll leave me stranded in LA, all alone, who knows what may happen in 2 years while you're away?" he says, which did make me wonder.

"caleb zion kuwonu, you my friend are what most girls wants," i smile, as i adjust my head on his shoulder. "but i need to know you, know you, you know?"

"you just make things harder for me!" he complains as he pushes my head off his shoulder.

____________________________________________

"pendejos, i swear you both got me worried sick!" diana slaps my arm, as we came out of the airport.

"sorry about it, we're all adults in this situation, and we can make decisions for ourselves," i reply to her vulgar behavior

"you're still a teen. a literal child. you were still 17 in the beginning of the year." diana slaps me again.

behind me, followed zion, with all our luggage and annoyance plastered on his face.

"i was in the plane with her for 6 hours, can we go home?" zion whines, as he hands nick a luggage to place in the back

the way back home, diana and nick are singing along to the songs on the radio. as that happens, zion and i are secretly texting each other.

"so," he texts

"so what?" i asked

"do they know?" he replies. "do they know about US?"

"what do you mean us?" i follow up

"does diana and nick know about US DATING?" he huffs as this message was sent.

"well, di faced time me when you were sleeping and they saw you," i write down, as i make a face. "i don't know but it was the time i suddenly woke up on my bed the next morning."

he reacted with a smile on his face.

"you're welcome btw," he texts back

"shut up," i smile to myself before i glance at him, who is staring at me.

"are you guys texting each other?" nick looks in the rear view mirror.

"no." both of us say at the same time.

"shut up already, everyone knows what happened. and i saw those wedding photos. remember that i'm friends with your mother, brother, and sister in law on facebook." diana spats. "and how did all of this happen?"

"stop being an hcp." i roll my eyes

"the hell is an hcp?" both nick and zion asks

"helicopter parent. and i am not one hcp." diana rolls her eyes at me. "so tell us how this happened."

"it was just a one time thing that we promised to never do again. it's a one and done," i smile at diana. the look in zion's face says otherwise.

"so when we were at the hotel, at the beach, the pool, the waterfall, and in your own room, it was all just a one and done?" zion comes back. the shock was plastered in all of our faces.

"caleb zion kuwonu," i hit him on his shoulder.

"you guys really-" nick stops himself from there as he gestured the look.

"we did not," i mumble into my neck pillow. "he's lying."

"so all those rounds in that-" i cover zion's mouth with my hand.

"you better shut your mouth up or else i will kill you," i whisper into his ear before i take off my hand off his mouth.

"i mean, you always do every time," he smirks as he gets up. "you're gonna regret that."

"shut up, you guys are so gross," diana is now in disgust.

"hey, at least now you know how i feel every time you butt-dial me when you guys do it," i fold my arms.
____________________________________________

"hey, she's back!" edwin cheers as we enter the house.

"how did you get into the house" i look at edwin who is drinking something from my mug. "and how dare you use my mug."

"just needed to get out the house, and i wanted to be one of the first few people to hear how things were in hawaii, if you know what i mean," edwin smirks at me.

"nick just dropped me off because they were gonna stay at your place for a while. but why are you here?" i drop my bag on the floor.

"brandon is being a buzzkill and i need a break from partying and music." edwin rolls his eyes. "anyways, did you take my advice?"

"my mom loved him at first, but hates him now." i slump onto the stool next to edwin. "she thought we had sex literally before my brother's wedding when i was left in the hotel room."

"oh my gosh, tell me you didn't." he spits his drink.

"that's the thing. we didn't. we almost did-" he cuts me off.

"you nasty child." ed's face goes sour. "i don't want that picture of you and zion having sexual intercourse."

"we did not have sexual intercourse. everyone thought we did. we were also gonna do it ag-" edwin cuts me off by putting his finger on my lips.

"i told you i don't want to know about you and my best friend having sex." i swat his fingers from my face. "anything else but the sex."

"we didn't have sex, because that is gross." i address as i unpack my luggage with gifts i brought back. "and zion and i are now dating."

"oh what a surprise," edwin scoffs as if it was like he heard it a bunch of times.

"your face says otherwise," i stop to unpack and glance at him who is uninterested.

"we already established that when you butt-dialed diana. and we all saw it coming. at first, we thought there'd be a rebound before hand, but i guess it works. unless you are the rebound."

"oh shut up. if i were a rebound, it would be bad enough that he'd meet my whole family and come to my brothers wedding. the photos they'd have to look back to would be a "rebound ex" which is not it." i ramble as i continue organizing the things i got for them back at home.

"oh yikes." edwin winces before taking a sip of whatever it is out of my mug.

"yea, and stop drinking from my mug. i bought you one that can stay here. just for you." i give him the mug. "it's got some a hula dancer and an E on it."

"nah i like this mug." he smiles cheekily.