f o u r t y n i n e

and so two years flew by. everyone had settled down, got married, had kids, and grew up.

"ms. iana, you sure you don't need us to come with you?" my security guard, bobby asks as he pulls out the last of my luggage.

"yes, you guys deserve a break from taking care of me all the time. and this is probably the last time you guys will see for a while," i smiled as i hugged bobby.

"we're really going to miss you ms. iana," my assistant starts to cry as she grabs onto my arm. "please bring me with you!"

"i wish i can babe, but mrs. kang will be taking over this branch for now," i pull her into a hug. "i know she's scary but she cannot do anything without my permission. i'll be back soon. and you have my personal."

"i'll be booking my ticket to LA soon then," she whales as i pat her back. "goodbye ms. iana."

"goodbye ye-rin," i laughed as i grabbed her hand. "and here's a little something so you and bobby can get dinner after this."

after traveling all over the place, getting my MBA, establishing my company, branching out, signing a lot of NDAs, and making reckless decisions, it seemed it was time to finally head back home.

______
zion's pov

"happy birthday to you!" everyone sang before i carry leon closer to the cake to blow out his candles.

"happy birthday son," i smiled at him before smothering his face with frosting.

"why'd you do that daddy?" he giggled before also getting icing to smother on my face.

"father like son i see," nick's voice comes near as he takes initiative to cut the cake for the kiddies. "my daughter hates me."

"she's hardly been alive for a month nick," i looked at him, confused. "but it seems she's gonna be more like di."

"i can't believe we actually have kids guys," austin approaches with theo as they grabbed a slice of cake. "it's so weird."

"so weird," edwin sighed as he put his arm around brandon. "not us tho."

"it's too early for that shit," brandon laughed as he grabbed a plate of cake.

"but we gotta bounce soon z," nick sighs as he smacks his lips eating cake. "we have to pick up someone at the airport."

"shoots, okay. well, bring home some cake at least." i tell him as i blatantly chop a big slice and put it in a container. "we got too much in the fridge still."

______
"ahhhhhh!" i squeal as i meet eyes with the driver that recognizes me and pulls up to my front.

"welcome ms. lodicakes!" di rushes a british accent as she bows. she then runs toward me to give me her famous tackle hugs that i miss. "you finally done with running away?"

"no. and bitch, slow your roll. you were fucking pregnant two minutes ago," i choke as she has the stamina to basically hop on me. "speaking of which, where is the baby girl?"

"wow, no thanks to me?" nick complains as he puts my luggage into the trunk.

"why would i ever forget about you nicholas?" i laughed as i made my way to him and give him a hug. "more like papa nick now."

"you know what, imma abandon you here at the airport," he turned his head but doesn't decline the hug.

"i missed you too nick," i laughed off. once he closed the trunk, i made my way to the car, where i was welcomed to baby dior sleeping soundly in her car seat. i could hear diana telling me to shut my squeal up as she stares at me with her mirror.