Chapter 2 (Edited)

I woke up with a start and gasped for air, until I realized that I was in my room, sweating buckets. I couldn't remember what I was dreaming about, but I knew that it was really bad and terrifying. I rubbed my eyes, yawning before I stretched, knowing that I was going to have to go to school today and that it was time to get up.

"Good morning," Mom said, coming into my room. A small look of surprise passed through her face, as she saw that I was up. However, she didn't say anything about it.

"Mornin'," I replied, rubbing the back of my neck, which was a nervous habit of mine. My eyes lingered onto the papers that were scattered on the floor, and I bolted right off my bed, picking them up, and stuffing them into my bag, not wanting to be questioned about them.

"What was that about?" Mom asked, raising an eyebrow. My mother was young, maybe in her late 30s with black hair and sad brown eyes, which contrasted from my wary green eyes. She wore black dresses all the time, but that was because she he had been mourning. However, she had mourning for about most of my life, because of the passing my sister, when I was younger.

"Homework," I replied, quickly. "I forgot to place it in my bag." I hated lying to her, however, she didn't need to know what was said on it. Something... something told me that it was important and it might not be for her ears. It might hurt her, and I didn't want to hurt her more than she had all ready been hurt.

"Oh," she said, as she started to leave my room. "Don't forget that you are to start work today," she called out before she left to go do whatever she was going to do.

"I won't," I said, while I got ready for school. I stopped having one leg in and one leg out of my jeans, realizing something that had to deal with my work and the letter. It was as if my life had been planned for this moment.

My father wanted me to find a man named Michael Ham at Hillings Pub and that's where I was going to start work today.