Chapter 32 (Edited)

"Why is he in my head then?" I asked, confused. "I mean you said there hadn't been another Gifted in a long time unless..." I looked him up and down weirdly. He didn't look that old, probably around my father's age which was 40.

Michael nodded his head, smiling. "Smart girl," he praised, causing me to roll my eyes. He sighed and moved a hand through. "Seers age slower than normal beings, and we stop around the time we are in our mid forties. I know a couple of Seers that are almost 200, myself included."

I scrunched up my face. Did that mean my father was over 200 as well? That'd be a huge pedophile case, I mused to Ruckur, causing him to chuckle.

"Your father is actually forty," Michael said, probably reading where my mind was going. He looked at me and had this far away glance in his eyes.

"You miss him," I stated, even though I knew it was true. I leaned my head against the window and sighed. "I miss my sibling as well." I shook my head and chuckled humorlessly. "Funny how things work out in the end." My tone was bitter because I had lost my sister at a young age, and I didn't even know what she would've been like when she was in her teens. I was sure that Michael had thought that as well.

Michael didn't say a word but cleared his throat. He had this lost look in his eyes, and it begged me to leave and just let him have some time for himself. He wanted to let his thoughts wander back to some better times, where his brother was alive.

I nodded, knowing that I should at least let him have some time to be all right with the fact that his brother was in my head. I opened the car door and looked at him, pausing for a moment. "I don't know why, but I trust you. And, I think I've trusted you since the moment that I had set eyes on you." I paused and frowned. "Discluding the fact that your brother somehow mysteriously appeared in my brain one day."

Michael smiled and nodded. He didn't need to say a word, because I knew that he was grateful for what I had said.

I gave him a tight lipped smile and nodded my head. "See you tomorrow, I guess." With that, I got out of the car followed by Cody who had jumped from the back and into the front. I closed the door and walked towards the house, feeling glad that I had told him that I had trusted him.

"Don't you trust me?" Cody asked, looking up at me with wide eyes.

I rolled my eyes but smiled. "Of course," I said. "I am stuck with you."

***

For two weeks, I did nothing but train to become the best that I could be. I've learned a lot about Ruckur, and why I had him in my head from both Ruckur himself and Michael.

It seemed to me that Ruckur had some unfinished business left on Earth. Ruckur had to kill this person that had killed him and had wreaked havoc on everything that he and his fellow Seers had faced almost 100 years ago.

Of course, both sides lost significant amount of people as well as two key players of how this war was going to be about. The worst, well I thought was worst, person to lose was Ruckur because he had been the Director and guided with whatever everyone needed. And boy, that was one tough job. I had no idea how Ruckur had survived it being the Director, let alone Michael who wasn't.

I mean, I all ready had trouble with speaking to people, let alone trying to lead them. I was a redhead after all and had a very short temper sometimes.

That caused a lot of fireballs, some of which almost hit certain people, like Patrick.

One of these days, I was going to hit him, and I will enjoy every single minute of pain that he had been in.