chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

  My wings glittered in the sun as I hoped out of my brothers window holding him tightly. "Where we going exactly?" I yelled to him over the sound of the wind, he looked at me worried then grinned. "Burgess." He yelled back, I nodded and looked around as I flew. I gasped, then flew higher into the clouds. "Bridal style?" He shook his head and furrowed his eyes, I laughed and let go of him. He screamed really high pitched and I swooped down and caught him. I was now carrying him bridal style.

   "Brat." I heard him mumble. I raised and eyebrow and he shook his head and laughed awkwardly. "No no no, I... uh... said.... meant as in a brat doll! Yeah because... you're pretty?" I giggled and landed on the roof of the Bennett house, or the Lapiz house.

   I sighed as I put my brother down, then leaned down to look through one of the windows. I saw Jamie on his bed talking to his sister who was drawing on the ground. They were in Jamie's room. I knocked lightly on their window and they both looked at it with wide grins on their face, then it disappeared once they saw me. I waved awkwardly and looked up at my brother and shrugged. Then looked back at the two with an eyebrow raised.

   Jamie snapped out of his daze and opened his window. "Boo." Gilan said as he peeked through the window. "Here, I think I'm gonna go-"

"Dad!" Gilan yelled whispered.

   I gasped, grabbed him and almost threw him in while my dad pulled into the driveway. Gilan got up and rubbed his head, "Ow." I laughed and ruffled his hair. I blew my bangs out of my eyes and fluttered to my dads car cautiously. He got out of his car and waved to Gilan through Jamie's window, he waved back. I sighed and rubbed my shoulder, he didn't see me.

  I remembered Burgess was actually in Canada. A good hour away from our house. I saw my drawing pad and my pencil case in the drivers seat, then my eyes widened. Why was he looking through that? I quickly grabbed them and fluttered back to the window.

   I looked away from the house as I saw ms. Bennett hurrying out of her house to greet my father. Who knows what they would do. I looked through the window of Jamie's room, and saw them talking to each other happily.

   I smiled and something caught my eye, the sky. I gasped and turned around fast. I heard the others stop their conversation and look at me. But they knew what I was looking at. The sky. The northern lights. It didn't happen this far in Canada. North...?

   "This better be good, I was in the middle of something." I said as I flew into North's workshop window. "Yeah, I was on my way to Jamie's! His moms getting married soon and apparently his new dad has a few emotional problems. Had a daughter or something..." I drew in a sharp breath and looked down at my drawing pad I was still holding. I had shoved my pencil case in my jacket pocket while I was flying.

   Jack was looking at me expectantly. "Did you see his new brother?" He nodded and I watched as the he connected the puzzle pieces in his head. "Your... his sister?" I nodded, then handed him my drawing pad and fluttered over to North. "Please tell me this is good, I need to help my brother out with a little... I mean bring beauty and cuteness to the world." I quickly corrected myself, he might give me a lecture about protecting more than one child. He gives Jack that a lot.

   "Manny, he told me to set off the northern lights. I don't know anything yet, but I fear it is something bad. I fell it. In my belly." I sighed and face palmed, "North, I don't have time for this. Did he tell you anything or what?" He shook his head and sighed. My hair glowed purple, purple flames danced across my fingers. "Honestly..." I was cut off by something hitting me in the back of my head. My hair turned bright red flames as I turned quickly. I saw a elf behind me then looked at the thrower. Sandy threw it. He was standing there with a sour face, pointing at a window above. Understanding dawned on me as I saw what he was pointing at. Manny.

And you won't believe what he told us.

AN

hey nightmares! Short chapter ik. But you guys are probably going to be surprised but... last chap! Ik. Shocker. #ermehgerd :3 anyways stay tuned. The book is short but I'm probably going to wait until a week or two from now until I start the next book. I have a lot on my plate. I watch no tv and have barely any social time. While I get no time with my family. At school I try and focus on my work, yet I got no questions right on my french test... (damn) so I'm gonna try and balance only two books with the exception of my songs. Thanks for reading nightmares!

♥~echo~♥