chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

   I ran outside with my puppy running behind me, I called him foxy but his real name was  pikachu. I ran around laughing and ran to the park across from our house with foxy's favorite toy while he chased me and tried to catch me. I laughed my tinny heart out as we ran in circles, I considered foxy one of my best friends. We had our differences just like most friends

   I gasped and dropped foxy's toy and ran to a rose bush I saw a while away. I saw something moving in it while I pushed the branches away. I removed the branches and it revealed a small kitten that looked barely above 3 years old. I whistled for foxy to come and quickly told him to grab my animal first aid kit. I was training to go to a special veterinarian high school and was practising on him, but he thought it was like a game.

   Once foxy ran to my side with the first aid kit, or what I tell foxy, "The doggy play kit." I quickly clean the cut on her side and stitch it closed swiftly and steadily. She was strong and only let out a small yelp when I made a mistake, I was only 13... What do you expect an actual vet?

   Foxy whimpered and shoved a towel towards me with his nose, I gladly took it and wipped away the blood, while carrying the kitten inside. I am so glad I had trained foxy so well, he cleaned up and dragged everything with his teeth while following slowly behind me. I put the kitten down on foxy's blanket in my room and flopped on my bed letting out a loud sigh.

   I was so bored. My little brother Gilan went out with a bunch of his friends but I didn't have any to go with. Mostly because they think I'm a 'nerd' UGH! At least I always have my brother by my side when I'm alone and I'll always have foxy. Now I have a new friend, who really needs a name...

   I pulled out my drawing pad from under my pillow, yesterday I was drawing me and my brother and few of my childhood hero's. I started to sketch out foxy and the kitten side by side playing together. Then I drew my brother in the background, I sighed once again. my two best friends and my new friend. I felt like I was being watched and looked around, all I saw was the greenness of my bedroom walls and the shinny reflection from my sticker behind me to the wall in front of me. I absolutely loved archery and would do anything to shoot a bow so I hunted down a sticker of an arrow and stuck it to the wall above my bed.

   I shrugged off the feeling and convinced myself it was just the two adorable animals nuzzling each other. I let out a loud squeal and they both stared at me whimpering and I giggled, I really have to stop doing that. I skipped up to the kitten and cupped her small head in my hands and a wide grin broke out on my face. "Mittens!" I said laughing and squealing. "That can be your name!" I saw mittens and foxy wag their tails and go back to playing more enthusiastically.

   I sighed once again and stared out my window, I sat on my window sill and watched the sunset smiling. It was beautiful. Then I had that strange sensation of someone looking at me and looking at the two animals to find that foxy was helping mittens out the door. I opened my window and peered out. "Gilly?" I called out softly with a worried face. I sighed, opened the small chest at the bottom of my bed and pulled out a lolly pop. Grape! my favorite.

   The chest was where I hid my candy, only Gilan and foxy knew about it. But I had enough trust in foxy so he wouldn't try to open it in the middle of the night and have a nibble of chocolate. I giggled at the thought and continued watching out the window. I lay beside it, I had a small bed on my windowsill and I sometimes slept there instead of my ACTUAL bed but I really enjoyed it there.

   I hugged my pillow and curled up on my window sill staring at the sun sinking down sending wonderful colors into the sky. I sighed and quickly opened my eyes and let out a loud gasp and dived to put on the light. I hugged my knees as I realized I was just in the dark and smiled at foxy and mittens while they made their way back to the room. My bottom lip quivered and foxy sat on my lap while I put my knees down. Mittens slowly did the same and I fell asleep on the ground with them ontop of me. But I still felt like I was being watched.