Final Arc - Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"You have no room to complain, now talk!" Leon commanded. "Where are you?"

Quinn turned his head to the said as if he were being talked to from the side, when he turned back to face Leon he looked very tired. "I'll tell you exactly where we are the next time we talk in one day's time." Quinn winced just then as if something struck him, his image faded to the point of being almost totally gone only for it to return a moment later. "I'm only supposed to inform you of the names of your opponents so you may prepare for your last test."

Hearing that made Leon's blood boil and his entire body began to ooze so much power it was like the red light coming from him had actual weight to it as he leered at the other demon. "I've had enough of these tests of yours Quinn." He said through gritted teeth. "I told you, time and time again, I'm not your god damn savior. I never was I never will be!"

"That's not for you to decide!" Quinn snapped back his own green eyes bursting with bright light. "All my life, I was told I only had one purpose, and that was find my father's heir. The one that would lead the world into a better era, that would protect us all from anything that would seek to harm us. It doesn't matter that you don't want to be that leader Leon, you're all I have!

"That's why I chose to do this. My father set up one last test in case I found you, one that I didn't even know about... It doesn't matter that you don't want this Leon, because events have begun that I cannot stop." Quinn's hands were shaking now as he looked at Leon in the eye with trembling eyes. "I- I can't stop this now even if I wanted to. They're too strong for me to stop Leon. If it were just the few that attacked you before I might have had a chance to stop this but there are two I can't-"

Again Quinn turned his head to look off to the side at something only he could see. "I never wanted this!" He screamed at someone they couldn't see. "I thought we were at peace, you did this not me!"

Again Quinn turned to look at them both before he went on. "I have a brother Leon, someone who has far more power than I do. His powers are far more akin to that of my father's than anything I could hope to achieve... I tried and failed to stop him Leon, you have to believe that I tried to stop this before it even started."

Leon just scoffed at that. "It doesn't matter that you tried Quinn, you're the one that started this. When this is over I'm going to kill you just like I'll kill the rest of your new friends."

Quinn's head sunk just then before looking up at them both with a blank expression on his face. "If that's what you deem fit that I'll try my best not to object..." He shook his head once before turning his head and one by one more images appeared as Quinn introduced the demons that'd taken Nix from them.

"These are the gods we demons have worshiped in one way or another. They are the last obstacle you'll have to overcome, once you do that... you can have your son back."

"Talos, the god from the time before gods existed-"

"You're not listening to me you little bastard!" Leon snapped as his red light began to take on a more fire based look. "It doesn't matter who you have. You know me Quinn, I'll burn this entire world down if it means protecting my son." Redirecting his gaze to the 'gods' before him Leon went on. "I don't know most of you and I don't care who you are. If any of you think getting in my way is a smart Idea I'll rip through you without a second thought. I promise you that."

Kane stepped forward and his fuzzy image held Leon's glare for a moment before he spoke in his familiar deep almost rumbling voice. "Rize, Elza, Talos, Ragna Loustar, Neo Teranis, Genus, Skorge... Carny."

Leon blinked and the confusion on his face was plain for all to see, but when Carny's timid image appeared before him Leon felt a fury unlike any he'd ever had before wash over him. Yet even so when next he spoke it was in an eerily calm voice that was somehow even more terrifying than if he'd just screamed. "You didn't..."

Carny slowly raised his head up to look Leon in the eye before shaking his head. "Carny didn't take Baby no. Carny didn't help take Baby either... Old Corpses showed up with Baby and-"

"Are you with them?" Leon asked in that same deadly calm tone. Carny froze just then and when he didn't answer right away Leon finally exploded. "ARE YOU WITH THEM!?!"

"Yes... b-but Carny-"

"Then I'll kill you just the same." Leon said with a killing glare before he turned to Quinn. "When and where?"

The small demon looked ready to answer but that tall man in the long red coat stepped forward. The one that had given Leon the hole in his chest not too long ago. One didn't need to know much about this guy, the reactions from all the others who immediately bowed their heads to him told Leon all he needed to know. Even Carny whom Leon had never known to back down from anyone shrank away from this man as he walked forward until he and Leon were virtually nose to nose.

He really was tall, but he had a lithe body type, his arms weren't large like Kane's they were long and lanky similar to Leon's own. His legs were exactly the same, fairly slim but very long. His hands were still in his pocket and he needed to lean down a bit to be at Leon's eye level telling him he had to be about 6'5 since Leon himself stood at 6'1. This man's hair was a deep auburn color almost bordering on magenta, but his eyes, there was no mistaking his eyes for anything other than a deep magenta color as he peered down at Leon. Whoever this was, Leon could tell that he was the one who was actually in charge of this group not Quinn and not this brother he'd spoken of. Something- something about this man before him sent tremors down Leon's body the likes of which he'd never felt before. 

Not even Legion had sent warning signs up his spine like this guy did and he wasn't even there in front of him, this was just an image that Quinn was making. Who was this guy? And why the hell did Leon feel like he was peering into the abyss and had just witnessed two eyes appear? As he continued to stare at Leon, the clouds themselves began to darken as if even the skies were bowing to his will. 

"You're up." He said finally, even his voice was somehow enough to send chills down Leon's entire body. "Good. Maybe you'll do better next time." His eyes darted to the side at Natalia and the others beside him. "Then again maybe next time you won't even be able to get up."

"Get in my way again and we'll see who won't be getting up." Leon shot back with a venom filled voice. 

The man smirked before leaning back and turned around. "Tyn rei Kah; that should be suitable enough for our battle. We will be there with your son in exactly two days." Leon went on how he'd be there in two hours but one glance over the shoulder from this man was all it took for him to suddenly bite back his remarks. "No. You may wish to believe you're in the condition to fight, but your body is still recovering. Besides, you alone won't be enough. Gather your allies and meet us an Tyn rei Kah.

"Defeat us there and you get your son back." The man said before fully turning around to shoot a glare at Leon that felt as if he'd just been stabbed through the heart by a thousand knives. "But if you fail than this world will be destroyed by the first life form to ever grace it's grounds. I, Genus will annihilate this world and all others around it if you don't defeat us... Of course I won't do that until after I murder that infant right before your eyes just to prove to you how powerless you really are."

Genus glanced at Natalia before going back to Leon. "No, I'll murder everyone you've ever cared about in front of your eyes. And then I'll eradicate all life on this world, until only you remain left on a scorched rock floating throughout the cosmos... alone... and unable to die. This I promise as the first demon, and father to you all." Genus blinked and Leon's entire body relaxed as if Genus' glare was all that kept him up for that time. "Two days. Gather your allies in Tyren, while we've spoken Rama has no doubt already acquired the one you call Skorge. It's time to find out if I made the right decision in letting you insects live or not. For your sake... I hope you don't disappoint me."

And just like that all of their images vanished but with them went the last of Leon's strength. He fell forward gasping for air and clutching at his chest. Genus, whoever he was, was actually right. Leon wouldn't be in any condition to fight them after a wound like that. But it wasn't until just now that Genus' gaze left him did his body actually realize that. 

Natalia caught him and the others came forward as well when Leon spoke up. "Get a jet." He said with a heavy breath. "We're going to the Chain. I'm calling in Omen's favor to me for saving the damn world."