You Got That Right

Start from the beginning

I burst through the gymnasium doors with a loud bang causing everyone's eyes to land on me.

"You're late!" Brooke yelled from the front of the line.

"I know," I answered.

"You know?" She was making her way over to me now. She stood right in front of me, her breath fanning my afro. "So you think this is some kind of game, huh? Showing up late and without your uniform on!"

"Why did you have to lie on his name?" I bravely asked her.

"Excuse me? Look, I don't know how you were schooled in Africa, but in this country, and around here, you don't question the head cheerleader! Now get your ass in your uniform and in line immediately!"

Her eyes blazed with fury and intimidation. Then Jevan's words rang through my head.

'You don't have to be afraid of a bully like Brooke because you're giving her exactly what she wants. At some point in your life, you have to stand up for yourself, especially at this school. Don't allow anyone, no matter how big, how rich or how powerful they are, to push you around. Okay?'

"Well I just did, Brooke. Why did you lie on his name to the police?" I asked her with a firmer tone this time.

Brooke got closer. So close that one would have to take a step backwards to avoid a collision but I stood my ground. We were literally face-to-face, she standing one inch taller than I was.

"I could end you with just one snap of my fingers. You'd be done here. Do you want that day to be today?" She asked in a whisper.

"How nice of you to ask in such tone. You know, I bet if you had that same courtesy all along, Jevan wouldn't have asked me to be his girlfriend."

And that was when it became physical. Brooke drew first blood by striking me across the face and pushing me backwards but as I regained my footing quickly, I lounged at her like a lion on a gazelle. I threw my fists at her in pure rage as all the memories of her vile abuse towards me in the past, came bubbling through my mind.

-The nasty name callings.
-The time when her friends made a fool out of me in the cafeteria.
-And the time when she unleashed her friends on me in the ladies' washroom and they beat me up.

"STOP! STOP!" the other teammates were saying and they tried to pull us apart.

"You're done! You just made the worst mistake of your life! You're off my squad and it's only a matter of time until you're out of this school, you stupid bitch!" Brooke yelled at the top of her lungs when she was across from me.

It was like an out of control army. The other girls tried to bring back order but there was no cooling Brooke or me. That was until Mrs. Tisdale arrived.

She walked right up to us. Everyone fell silent. Her eyes scanned Brooke, then me.

"Come." That one word made me regretted what had transpired but it felt so damn good to give Brooke some smacks in the face.

We silently followed Mrs. Tisdale into her office. She closed the door after us and told me stand against the wall while Brooke had a seat and she got into her own chair behind her desk.

"Now, I'm really not interested in hearing about any of this started but what you should be worried about are the repercussions for such behaviour." Her face was stone serious. Not a smile or smirk in sight.

"Brooke," she started again and turned to her, "What's the penalty for fighting at this school?"

"Expulsion," she answered and lowered her head as if she wasn't the 'Big Bad Wolf Of The Pack' anymore.

Mrs. Tisdale nodded in agreement. "You're a prodigious cheerleader but I cannot omit this fight that took place in front of the other girls. You were to set an example to the squad. I'm very disheartened by your actions. And you!" she turned to me now. "You haven't even been here for a month and you're already fighting with your head cheerleader?"

"But Mrs. Tisdale, Brooke is the cause..."

"I don't want to hear it!" she cut me off and threw her arms up as if she was praising.

She then gave out a long sigh and tapped the tip of her nose with her index finger.

After a long five minutes of her rocking back and forth and looking between Brooke and myself, she spoke again. "Just this once.. and mark my words ladies, JUST THIS ONCE, I'm making an exception. You would not be expelled."

I breathe a sigh of relief but she wasn't through with us as yet.

"Brooke, you're suspended for the remainder of the week. That should give you enough time to think about what you've done."

"Yes, Mrs. Tisdale," she accepted.

"Blossom, you're off the squad."

Good. I was about to leave anyway.

"And you're suspended for two weeks," Mrs. Tisdale finished.

"WHAT?" I asked. I was in shock. Did I hear her correctly? Two weeks?

"That's so unfair! Why is it that Brooke hit me first but she got one week and I got two?" I was in tears.

"Don't make this worse. And I've been meaning to pull you in here a long time ago!"

"For what?" I asked her.

"That hair on your head. Afro isn't allowed in this school. You're to braid your hair and have it neat at all times," she explained.

Brooke smirked as she flipped her mid-back blonde hair off her shoulders.

I knew now why Mrs. Tisdale gave me two weeks suspension. This was her world and in her world, she favoured Brooke. Not a poor girl from Africa.

__________________

A/N

The injustice. I know.

I hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter.

Also, I want to apologise for the slow updates. After being down and out with food poisoning for a week, I have lots of work to catch up on in my two cosmetology classes before it ends in this month so please bare with me on that.

Thank you so much. I have the best readers on wattpad.

Don't forget to vote you guys.
( ⭐hit the star in the bottom.)