Thirsty

Deion POV

I woke up to yelling and screaming. I turned over and looked over at my family picture. What happened to us? Can we please be happy again? I looked past my picture to look at my alarm clock. It was 3:16 am, Like 3 hours before I had to get up for school. I heard a small knock on my door, I knew I was my little sister. I slumped out of bed to see it was her.

There she was with her Bunny and her face wet (she must have been crying). I picked her up and hugged her while kissing her cheek. I put her in the bed with me and tried to soothe her while all the arguing continued in the background. Eventually we both went to sleep.

******

I woke up again three hours later. I guess my mom came and got Laura for Day care because she wasn't there when I woke up. I grabbed my towel and my phone to take in the bathroom. I hoped in the shower to wake me up. I felt the warm water my skin like liquid silver trickling down my back as I listened to PARTYNEXTDOOR sing. I Sang along. The words were so relative to me. My emotions just spread in the song like wildfire

Need to get it while it's hot cause I'm cold at times

Open up to me and drop your guard, I need the proof

Constantly to know if you still have a heart

Cause a nigga done fucked up I feel like I lucked up at north side

After I got out the shower. I put on my clothes and headed to the bus stop. While I was there, I smoked a quick blunt to relax my mind. I had some cologne so I wouldn't smell like it. I heard footsteps behind me. I saw Maliyah walking to the bus stop. She was wearing a sweater and some Uggs.

She looked really cold and her eyes were swollen like she had been crying. I didn't bother to ask. I saw she was on FaceTime with a friend. Shortly after she was done,the bus arrived and she sat in the middle and I sat in the back.

******

Apparently, the administration thought it would be beneficial to switch my class from Digital Technology to Literature. A class that's always been difficult for me. So after I grabbed my new schedule from the office, I proceeded to class. I knocked on the door and someone answered instantly.

I walked in and the teacher, Mr. West told me to go sit in the corner next to these 2 girls and another tall guy. When I went to sit down, Maliyah turned around.

"Hey Deion" She smiled at me

"Well hey. You wasn't acting this social this morning" I said Jokingly

"Yea I was on FaceTime with Tiffany and I was tired" She said while giggling. I could tell she was trying to cover up for something that is really bothering her.

"Um excuse me Maliyah. Can we use our social skills and introduce our friends" The girl said behind her Jokingly

"Oh yea. Deion this is My Bestie Tiffany" She said pointing behind her to Tiffany

"And this is Kyrell" She said pointing at the guy.

I dapped him up and continued to make small talk until the Teacher spoke

"Ok students. Since we're about to start Romeo and Juliet, I want you all to pair up in twos and create a poster that would have been used to advertise the play. It is due at the end of class today. " The Teacher said at his podium.

I saw Kyrell and Tiffany grab a sheet of Poster board and walk to one side of the class. I saw Maliyah grab a poster and come to sit next to me.

" I guess we're working together" She said while grabbing markers and pencils