Chapter 11 - Luke

Start from the beginning

"Lucian?" This time it's North's voice that brings me back from my dream land.

I face him, "What?"

He scowls, "We're here."

Sang apparently is also lost in her head and North looks at her, "Sang Baby?"

She wakes up and he smiles at her, "What?"

North says softly, "We're here."

I pretend to be offended, "Why are you so nice to her and not me? She gets a nice little wake up call!"

Sang sasses me, "Well, maybe if you were as good looking as me, you would get the same treatment."

A second later, she seems to realize what she said and Cupcake ran out of the car with a blush coating her cheeks. She's so adorable! Cupcake is getting more comfortable with everyone in the family. It's nice to see.

North shoves me, "C'mon, we have to introduce her to Uncle."

I got out of the car and followed my brother to check on our Cupcake. The sight that greeted us when we entered the Diner was not what we expected. In the small time we had left Sang alone, she had gone and talked to Uncle by herself. They seemed to get along well which is a good thing for us. I hadn't been truly worried, but I wanted them to like each other.

I saunter over, "Cupcake, you ran off without us."

Uncle looks at me, "Why haven't you introduced me to this young bird?"

He puts his hand on her shoulder and I could see Sang's barely hidden flinch. By the look that Uncle is giving me, he caught it too. North who just caught up and I are going to be interrogated by Uncle if I know anything. 

Cupcake smiles at us, "I was just talking to Uncle. Can I help out?"

North shrugs, "Mr. B-"

Sang leaps unto him and hits him on the head, "His name is Owen!"

North is trying to get Sang off while Uncle looks on amused, "Okay, Owen. I got it, Sang Baby."

She relaxes and hops off North, "There! You were saying?"

He continues, "Owen wanted you to come with us, so you wouldn't be bored at home."

Uncle asks, "So she and Owen are dating? Does she know about his work?"

Not very subtly way of finding out about Sang, but I lie as ordered, "No, Owen met Sang outside of our jobs. They've known each other a while too."

Uncle narrows his eyes at us, detecting a lie, "Well-"

Cupcake smiles up at him, knowing what was happening and distracting him, "Uncle, could you show me the kitchen? I love cooking, so if you tell me what, I can help."

I volunteer, "I need to feed you chocolate chip pancakes!"

She crosses her arms under her chest, "I don't eat sweets!"

I grin, "Remember the dare!"

Cupcake scrunches her nose trying to remember and suddenly looks annoyed, "Oh, right. . ."

I take her hand, "Follow me, I'll show you and you can help me cook."

Uncle grabbed my shoulder, "Actually, I need to have a talk with you."

I gave North a please-save-me look, but he just smirked, "I'll bring Sang Baby to the kitchen."

I turned my sights on Sang who just shrugged, "Talk to you later, Uncle."