CHAPTER18- DAD...BYUN BAEKHYUN

Mr

Mr. Park was standing in front of Minji's father whose arms were tightly tied behind his back with ropes. His wrists were bleeding. He had bruises on his face and cuts on his arms. But then Minji did not react like a child by crying or dropping her weapons because of her trauma instead her spy reflexes were immediately on hyper alert mode. She glared at other members and they understood the message that her dad's life was in her hands... literally.

They started shooting but Mr. Park's reaction was faster than theirs. Just after Namjoon shot two people and Jungkook, Rose, Seung gi and Jisoo shot 11, Mr. Park yelled out telling them to drop their weapons and stop bullshitting while instructing his men, who were approaching, to stop where they were.

He gave out a psychotic laugh and cut Mr. Choi's arm and Minji told everybody to drop their weapons. But then, he was clever. He looked straight at Minji and said, "Not so fast, honey! Minji remove your hidden knives and weapons along with these guns. All of your sidekicks too should be unarmed."

Jungkook practically growled at his sentence and immediately started taking out his stuff as did the others.

Then a familiar figure approached Minji. His face was covered with a mask and only his eyes and mouth could be seen. He immediately wrapped his hands around her waist. Within a split of a second, he changed his position, hugged her from back and started kissing her neck. She didn't react even though she felt disgusted. She just winked at Namjoon to assure him that she could manage. But this guy and the stupid old man in front of her were just getting on her nerves.

Minji said, "What the hell do you want Mr. Park?"

He remained silent until she screamed again. He started moving and approached her slowly. When he reached her, he grabbed her chin harshly and planted a kiss on her forehead and cheek just before she kneed him in his crotch.

He winced and fell. Within seconds Minji felt a piercing pain in her abdomen, at the exact same spot where she had been shot on a mission. She was about to fall because her knees were crumbling under her. The man responsible for the injury was standing behind her and when he started to speak, she recognised that voice very well. It was as if a dagger pierced her heat and shattered it into pieces. It was Bun Baekhyun, who had helped her on missions. The absurdity of the situation flashed through Minji's mind. He was pretending to trick Mr. Park as he was working with our agency but in fact it was the other way round where he was eliminating Mr. Park's enemies. According to the agency's database, Mr. Park was the last mafia don who they had trouble eliminating ...and now the reason was obvious.

But she snapped back to the present. Byun Baekhyun said, "Baby girl, this is punishment for hurting my boss and leaving me for this nerd, what was his name, Namjoon I guess. But I am better than him and you still saw me only as a business partner. You didn't see the love in my eyes for you...hmm baby?"

Minji was raging inside and replied, "He is my first love and truth be told, the one for life. Second, now when I know who you actually are, I won't even look at you. Third, I don't give a f__ about your boss. And as soon as you take off your arms, you will see death staring at you straight in the eyes."