CHAPTER4- DISGUISE

Minji woke up early the next morning and despite the pain, went through the motions of her morning routine

Minji woke up early the next morning and despite the pain, went through the motions of her morning routine. She went downstairs and was not surprised that Namjoon was still asleep. She started putting together breakfast – blueberry pancakes, orange juice, sliced apples, and bananas.

The next morning Minji had prepared the breakfast by the time Namjoon came down. He had already brushed and showered.

Both of them ate the pancakes and Namjoon constantly complimented her food while telling Minji how her roommates always dissed the canteen food and praise her cooking skills during high school and university.

She told Namjoon about her plans for the day even though she hadn't fully recovered from the injury as yet but then spies do have special medicines which reduce the pain, speed up healing while leaving a faint scar. Her mind was preoccupied with the fact that only two days were left for the mission to start and they were yet to zero down of the dresses and weapons for the grand party. Moreover, they had to go through the files and records the next morning and organize everything by the evening for the big day when the mission would start.

She began to explain this to Namjoon who nodded in agreement. He told her to get dressed while he cleared up the dishes and arranged the kitchen before getting ready.

Dressed, Minji came downstairs and saw Namjoon busy on his phone standing beside the door while playing with the car keys. They were already late because Minji took the time to decide her outfit. She marched towards him, grabbed the keys, and started the car. Namjoon was stunned not by her behavior but by her appearance.

He initiated the conversation as he wanted to have it out, "Back to the same rebellious black and white look? Huh! Minji?"

She was combative, "Yeah kind of! My wardrobe is full of black clothes. Colors rarely make an appearance. As, for the rebellious look, it is in my blood so I can't get rid of it, and neither do I want to."

But Namjoon refused to take the bait, "Who says you need to change? The rebellious Minji is the style that I am used to."

A faint smile played on her lips as they pulled into the foyer of the company which was responsible for creating their dresses. It was run by RM's uncle. They walked in, flashed their ID's even though everybody knew them, RM by appearance and Agent Pearl by her name. Even though they were meeting his uncle after a long time this was not the time for idle chit-chat as work was the priority.

Minji was given three dresses to try and she was confused so she asked Namjoon to choose one. She put the first one on and when she walked out of the dressing room, Namjoon gaped as she looked stunning even though it was something different from her usual taste.

Namjoon told her, "You look beautiful but this is just too innocent. We need something more rebellious to attract bad boys."

Minji nodded and tried the second dress. Namjoon was ready with his feedback, "Really classy and modern. It shows off your curves," he bit his lips as he realized that he had said the last thing aloud and to cover up added, "Is it comfortable or not?"

The worker who was hanging around on the sidelines chimed in, "Oh sir, it is damn comfort..." But before she could complete Minji glared and interrupted, "No one asked for your opinion and honestly Joon-ah this stupid poufy dress isn't my style. It is uncomfortable and too....shiny. Not at all my style."

So Minji tried on the last option and... she thought she did look feisty. But she wanted Namjoon's opinion, "Joon-ah, how do I look in this dress? But first, let me give you my opinion. I look quite good and there something rebellious about this dress. I also feel comfortable as it is structured in a way that weapons can be concealed in it."

He didn't answer and seemed frozen. "Now don't tell me that I need to find another dress," said Minji but Namjoon still did not answer but kept staring at her.

Not knowing what to do Minji said, "Fine, I will go change." She turned around and was about to walk away but he grabbed her hand and pulled her from her waist in almost a hug. They were close, looking at each other.

Namjoon said, "No need to change. You look smoking hot! Like a new meal for which any man would hunger, ideal for the effect that we are trying to achieve," he said while licking his lips.

Minji saw this naughty side of Namjoon for the first time. And it left her tongue-tied even though he removed his arms and gave his signature smile. He asked her to change quickly and help him decide his outfits.

It was time for Namjoon to try out his outfits while Minji sat staring blankly at the door and wondering when it would open. Her wound had begun to throb and she groaned in annoyance.

The door opened and Namjoon asked, "What do you..." but Minji was ready with her opinions even before he could complete the sentence. "You too look innocent, just like the first dress that I wore and need to change this outfit. You need something with a bad aura to fit in that party." And she thought to herself as she stole another glance, "But he does look cute."

Namjoon agreed that he felt the same way.

He wore the next costume and asked for Minji's opinion.

Minji looked him up and down. She said, "You look extremely handsome and should definitely buy this suit...but for 'normal' parties, not this one. You need something classier or one which is intricately designed."

He simply nodded his head while trying to hide the hint of a blush that was staining his cheeks. He giggled excitedly while Minji wondered if her comment was too cheesy. He wore the next outfit and a smirk as he stood in front of her. But Minji decided to take her revenge for her, too, was not innocent to let the incident with the third dress pass. She stood up, eyed him from top to bottom, and licked her lips just like he had done.

Out of nowhere the worker resurfaced and said, "You look really good especially with those defined abs, sir. Wear that and girls will drool over you."

Minji snapped, "You interrupted us again. Did either of us ask for your opinion?" The worker frowned and went away

But Namjoon immediately caught on to her little game. "Trying to tease me the same way, baby girl?" as a wicked smile played on his lips.

Minji, by this time, was back to business. "Yup! Now quit flirting and let's finalize both these outfits."

They paid for the dresses and returned home, after buying some food as both of them were too preoccupied, with the preparation for the mission at hand, to cook. After the break, they decided to finalize the weapons because there the next day there wouldn't be time for the same. Both hoped that the selection would go off well as this was one heck of a challenge as they were not sure how the situation would unfold and which ones they would need.