CHAPTER10- CHILDHOOD LINKS

DINNER TIME

DINNER TIME

Namjoon and Rose were cooking while Minji and Seung gi were setting the table. They first ate the salads and some fruits and when the food was cooked after a while they dug in. Initially, the conversation centered on the news and TV show but out of the blue, it turned so intense.

Seung gi asked, "Hey Minji How's your mom? It's been a long time since I last met her."

Minji's spoon was left hanging mid way but she quickly collected herself and replied, "Were you stalking my mother and how did you know her?"

Seung gi, "I was cycling and while trying to avoid bumping into her, I got injured. She cleaned up wounds and scratches and took me out for coffee. I didn't know that she was your mother until I saw your school ID which had the details. She seemed to be a nice person so I met her often. And she looked just like you. But, may I ask, where are your parents now? I really wanted to meet them."

Minji replied, "My father is in Dubai on a business trip. He would have killed you even if you were my friend because you were also one of the people who were to be eliminated. My mom died a long time ago."

Seung gi asked, "How did she die?" and she could feel the anger in his voice and his eyes were brimming with tears that threatened to fall any moment.

Minji's voice was steel as she replied, "She was assassinated by your brother but don't get angry or sentimental about it. He did it on your father's order. I've killed your brother and your father is next."

Namjoon was curious, "But why were you so attached to her mother, may I ask?"

Seung gi elaborated, "Even though it was for a short period of time she took care of me or was in touch with me. It felt like a mother-son bond. I have never quite experienced that so it was really heartwarming to be just beside her."

Minji smirked as she heard his story as she found it melodramatic.

She said, "Seung gi and Rose, would you mind staying over for the night? I want to explain my plans to both of you. I also want to tell Seung gi some things about my life, and to you too, Rose. I might appear to be a selfish and greedy person after tonight, so be prepared."

Minji got up as she had finished eating and went to wash the dishes while the rest of them were confused. Namjoon, on the other hand, seemed worried....but she didn't care. For rebellious, that is what she was!

Everyone reassembled into the office after sometime after changing into something more comfortable. All eyes were on Minji as she entered and they kept staring at her without uttering a single word as they waited for her to speak. She showed them something which she had planned to do from the very start. "Do you think that RM and we were thrown together and Rose assigned to us as an assistant out of the blue? Or for that matter the arrival of Seung gi who would agree to help us? You are mistaken. All this was planned by my dad and me. About 50 percent of the info, planning, major decisions and steps were mine," she asserted.