3. Quiet

Just warning, no sex, but gets kinda spicy in some places.

Ash's POV

I had only dreamed of seeing Zara again. So, sitting on the couch curled up against her made me feel like I would pass out.
I could hardly believe she was back. She hadn't brought up space or Eric or my parents at all. She had simply kissed me and held me and cried with me and cuddled me until my tears had run out.
We barely even said much more than "I'm sorry" and "I love you".

I turned my head up slightly to place a gentle kiss on her jaw as Zara conversed quietly with the man called Levi who had arrived with her. She smiled and rubbed circles on my back as I kissed down her neck and across her collarbone.

Levi looked not uncomfortable, but almost longing. As if he wanted something that we had.
I pushed that thought to the back of my mind to ask Zara about later. Levi yawned and said something to Zara about "going home" and then left with a quick wave to Alison, who had been relatively quiet.

The sun was dipping low in the sky and Zara had mentioned wanted to go back to her home. She had laughed about how high her bills must have gotten and even mentioned worrying about still owning her house, but I kissed her cheek and told her not to worry.

I chose to go with her and neither Zara, nor Alison had any problems with that.
We got in a car that I didn't recognize.
"I borrowed it from someone at the Garrison." Zara explained when I asked.
I held her hand the whole way there.

As soon as we arrived, Zara shut off the car and we walked inside.

Then, we had nothing holding us back. As Zara was taking off her shoes, I locked my arms around her waist and pulled her into a kiss. I didn't bother with my shoes, just kissed until we ran out of air. We eventually made it to the couch where Zara knotted her fingers in my hair and tugged gently, whispering to my as I kissed her neck.
Her hand found my hips where she rubbed circles over the exposed skin between my pants and my shirt.

The night got hot and each movement became a blur.

~

I woke up in bed beside Zara who was still asleep. Her dark hair spread across the pale pillow like a halo, and her lips were still pink and swollen.
I smiled and slipped out of bed, pulling on random clothes and shuffling into the hallway.
I couldn't remember much of the night before. I could vaguely recall whispered threats of no kisses once the bandage on my arm was undone.
I didn't bother wrapping it again, the cuts were beginning to scar anyway.
I threw together a haphazard breakfast and scrolled through my phone until Zara trudged into the room, hitting her hip against the corner and nearly running  into the table as she did so.
She was wearing an old graphic tee that could probably fit both of us at the same time and a pair of pajama pant that probably belonged to her several years ago. It was her house.
I tilted my head for the kiss that she gladly gave and then looked back at my phone as Zara stumbled around the kitchen.
Zara curled up next to me and was cuddled together as we ate whatever was still good.
Someone had obviously been here and I was willing to bet it was one of Zara's parents.

The morning was quiet and peaceful, but that was all we needed.
Just the two of us.

625 words
June 12, 2019