47. Girls trip

"I'm hungry." Caitlynn whined kicking the back of Zach's seat.

"You're a child." Zach groaned.

"It's been like an hour, are we there yet?" She asked.

"Like fifteen minutes." Trevor answered.

"Thank god." Zach muttered.

I just looked around at the people in the car. Despite the nonstop arguing and complaining that seemed to start the second we hit the road I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

"I can't believe I decided to join you guys." Amy frowned.

"It was your choice." Trevor shrugged.

"Yeah and the second we hit the beach I'm out of here." She grinned.

"Absolutely not," Trevor shook his head.

"Don't make me be the ultimate fifth wheel." She complained.

I laughed at her dramatics. The relationship between Amy and Trevor really warmed my heart. It reminded me so much of a sibling relationship and I knew how much Trevor looked out and cared for Amy.

"You can just hang out with me Amy," I told her.

"No thanks, I try to spend as little time with Trevor as I can." She made a disgusted face.

"Says the girl that came on the beach trip with me." Trevor laughed.

"I hate you." She glared at him.

"Love you too."

Everyone just chuckles as Amy rolled her eyes.

"Amy I'm serious we should just hang out and ditch Trevor." I said to her quietly.

"Count me in." Caitlynn joined in.

"We are so turning this into a girls trip." Amy said excitedly.

"Girls trip!" Caitlynn cheered.

"Hey!" Trevor called out.

"This is your fault for putting all the girls in the back seat together. They were bound to start scheming, especially with Amy back there." Zach chuckled.

"Damn straight, I'd do anything to be able to ditch Trev." Amy joked.

"Ok ok, we are here." Trevor cut us all off.

I watched as the car pulled up the driveway of a small yellow house only a short walk from the beach.

"This is amazing." Amy said with awe.

"It's beneficial to have a rich uncle." Caitlynn nodded.

"I wish I had a rich uncle." Zach sighed.

"Don't we all." I agreed.

We all filed out of the car and once I was out I could see the house better. It had a small front patio with a set of wooden chairs set right next to the door. It looked cozy, like a real home.

"Are you ok?" Trevor walked up to me.

I nodded. The argument with my mom still weighed heavy on me, I hated fighting with my mom but it was something that I would deal with when I got home.

"You sure?" He pushed.

"What do you want me to say? That I am not ok? That my home life right now is a complete mess? I don't want to talk about any of that right now. I just want to enjoy this trip while I can." I told him.

"We are going to have a great time." He pulled me into his arms and just held me for a second.

Being in his arms always made me feel better.

I took that brief second of silence to just calm myself down and get prepared for the amazing weekend ahead of me. Tomorrow I'd wake up and we'd be off to the beach ready to kickstart a weekend none of us would ever forget.

I detected myself from Trevor and went to help everyone unload the car and start unpacking.

Amy stood in front of the grill humming as the chicken cooked. She was blessed with having a chef for a father and had been learning everything she could from him. Trevor stood next to her and talked with her with a huge smile on his face.

She laughed at something he said and a smile spread across my own face. I let all the sadness and self- hatred slip into nothingness and just enjoy the moment I was in.

"I was thinking a movie night tonight, we can venture out tomorrow morning." Caitlynn sat down next to me.

"Sounds good to me." I nodded.

"My uncle is coming up next weekend for a couple days he would happily drive us back if you wanted to stay longer and escape reality for another week." She offered.

"I have to go back on Sunday, I can't hide forever but until then let's just not think about it and just have fun." I appreciated everything that Cait was offering me but I had to face everything I had done before I left.

The back door swung open and a rough looking Zach staggered out.

"How was your nap?" Cait laughed at the sight of the messy hair that sat on the top of his head.

"Good." He rubbed his eyes.

"Your hair is a disaster." She tried to hold in another laugh.

Zach just stepped closer to her and stuck his hand out and ruffled her hair until it was about as messy as his.

"So is yours." He grinned and walked off towards Trevor and Amy.

"I can't believe he would do that." Cait groaned and fixed her hair.

I took everything I had to hold in the laugh that was threatening to escape for even another second. One look at my best friend was enough to let it explode out of me.

"It's not funny." She shook her head.

"It's hilarious." I chuckled allowing myself to calm back down.

"He's going to get it, don't worry revenge will be mine." She glared at Zach's back.

"No please don't, your revenge plans are awful. You always try to go too far." I pleaded.

Caitlynn was not known for her subtlety, she was went to the extremes. We didn't need her to go crazy with her plans. I would definitely need to keep an eye on her this weekend.

"Dinner!" Amy yelled towards us as she set the chicken down on the picnic table.

Cait and I got up and joined them as we loaded up our plates and sat down together for our first meal.

"Here's to an amazing weekend." Trevor held up his can of soda.

We all met his cheers and started our dinner off on a good note.

To an amazing weekend.

A/n:

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote!!

-Cora Leigh