18. A huge wimp

Trevor's POV:

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" Amy shot me a look.

I sighed and looked down at the paper in front of me. I knew being away from school for a week was going to mean I had a lot of work to catch up on but I didn't realize I'd have this much. I was utterly overwhelmed.

"Didn't you say you were good at math?" I asked her.

"I am two years below you, I am still in pre-calc."

Stupid calculus. I didn't even know why I was taking the course, I hated math but somehow I got stuck taking calculus my senior year.

"This is so dumb. Who needs math?" I grumbled.

"Well you need it to graduate so I'd finish that worksheet." She stated.

"You are literally zero help, why are you even here?"

"Because you love me?" She grinned.

"That's definitely not it." I shook my head.

She picked her pen up and threw it at me causing me to laugh. Amy has always had the ability to make me laugh no matter what.

Amy pulled out her phone and looked at the screen and sighed.

"Do you think my mom would notice if I just didn't go home?" She asked me.

"We are all going to your house for dinner, I think she'll notice if her only daughter isn't present."

"I can't believe you aren't more hesitant about this dinner." Amy said.

"What do I have to be hesitant about? The two craziest people live with me permanently."

"You're parents are not the problem, my uncles are."

I laughed.

"They are in town for your dads surprise party?" I questioned.

"Yeah and I love my uncles but my mom and her twin together are a lot. Can you even imagine how it's going to be with everyone together? It's times like these that I wish I had a sibling."

"You have me." I offered.

I wasn't technically Amy's brother but I was the closest thing she's got to one.

"Yeah hopefully they will put all of their attention on you. Maybe I'll let it slip you have a girlfriend."

"I don't have a girlfriend." I had to remind this to Amy almost every time I saw her.

"Yeah yeah whatever have fun explaining it to uncle Dario." She laughed.

"You're truly evil I hope you know that." I couldn't help but chuckle.

"But seriously how's that going? I know you're a huge wimp and haven't asked her out yet but please tell me you've made some sort of progress."

"I'm not a wimp." I defended myself.

"Then when are you going to make a move?"

"I don't know." I sighed.

I didn't really know what I was waiting for. I liked Ella and I was seriously getting tired of just being friends but I found comfort in knowing that I had her in my life. I didn't know if I tried to make a move if that would change things. I don't think I could handle losing her.

"If you don't do it soon someone is going to come and snatch your girl, hell I might even snatch her if you take too long." She teased.

I glared at her.

"Stick to your own grade Amy."

"Trust me I will, I got some many options, I got everyone besides fully gay guys and fully straight girls. All I know is that I'm going to have lots of fun until I find the one."

"I don't want to hear about the fun." I grimaced.

"Well I'll be having a lot less fun now that my uncle is interrogating me for every detail of my life. I love uncle Dario but he needs to learn to take a chill pill."

I laughed remembering the last time uncle Dario and uncle Rolland stopped down to visit. Amy just about exploded when her mother told them about how she had caught Amy having her first kiss a couple days earlier. It had been the talk of the night, uncle Dario had tried to get every detail out of her.

"This makes me so excited for dinner tonight." I chuckled.

"It will be fun, even if it's a huge crazy mess."

I nodded in agreement. The huge family dinners were always fun no matter how crazy everyone got.

I stepped into the house and could already hear the noise. It was kind of comforting.

"This is what I have to live with for the next four days." Amy complained.

I laughed, I lived with this bickering and craziness all the time.

I followed her into the kitchen to see the main culprits being the twins. Amy's mother and her twin brother Dario bickering about something.

"I seriously can't believe you right now." Delaney shook her head at her twin.

"How was I supposed to know it was a surprise party if you didn't specify when I talked to you yesterday." He argued.

"I told Rolland the day before and I figured he would have shared the information."

"Hey don't blame this on me. I asked Dar if he talked to you about the party and he said that he had." Rolland defended himself.

"Now this whole party is completely ruined." Laney complained.

"Hey it's not ruined, it'll be perfect even if the surprise got spoiled." Ethan, her husband tried to calm her.

"My favorite niece and nephew!" Dario exclaimed when he noticed me and Amy.

"Hey," I waved.

That didn't suit Dario and he came over and pulled both of us into a hug.

"I should really come and see you two more often. It's been way too long."

"It's been like two months."

"Exactly."

"Samantha!" Rolland called out.

I looked behind me to see my parents. My mom had a frown on her face as she watched Rolland make his way over to her.

My mother distaste for Rolland has completely vanished over the years but she still refused to let him know that.

Rolland seemed to know just how to push my mother's buttons and she hated that. He raised his camera and snapped a quick photo.

"You seriously need to stop doing that." My mom said.

"You think I should go and save my husband?" Dario leaned in and asked me.

"I think he's all good. You would think he's learned by now." I shook my head.

"I think he enjoys messing with her a little bit too much." Dario watched Sam shove his husband off her as he tried to pull her into a hug.

"Dinners ready." Ethan called out.

"Well this will be fun." Amy smiled.

"They always are." Dario agreed.

He was right about that.

A/n-

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I am so excited to continue writing and uploading for this story. I'm in a little bit of a funk and haven't had the inspiration to finish the chapter I've been working on but I'm hoping that by the end of this week I'll be able to finish it and get back to writing more chapters. It shouldn't interfere with my upload schedule I have a lot of chapters prewritten so I'll still be uploading twice a week.

If you liked this chapter please vote and comment.

-cora Leigh