• Fog'd In (P1) •

• Ash's Outfit •

• Ash •

Approaching Tiffany, Lou, Xander, and Ravi, Griff squeezed my hand tighter in his. It was super foggy today, so we'd decided that a date indoors would be fun. We just wanted permission.

"Hey guys," Griff greeted with a wave.

"Sup, lovebirds?" Lou replied cheekily.

"Woah!" Tiffany exclaimed. "I just checked the chemical composition of the fog. The demoic acid level is off the charts!"

"Lou, do you speak Tiffany?" Xander asked.

Lou shook her head. "Sorry, science isn't my thing. My highschool only offered two subjects, Plow Repair and Hose Whispering."

"Demoic acid is a debilitating neurotoxin. If it makes its way into our blood streams, it will cause the cells in our brains to degenerate," Ravi explained.

Griff scrunched his nose. "I'm just hearing a lot of blah blah blah."

Tiffany sighed. "Obviously, brain cell degeneration wouldn't have much effect on you, but for the rest of us it would be deleterious!"

"Wait," I said. "How could such a dangerous chemical make its way into fog?"

Ravi crossed his arms. "Demoic acid is a by product of algae, which our lake is filled with."

"The acid must have evaporated with the water when the fog formed, creating this dangerous toxic colloid!"

Griff frowned. "So that means we can't go outside? Because Ash and I were planning to have a picnic."

Just then, Emma ran up to us. "This fog is making my skin so moist! It hasn't been this vibrant since I went to Namibia for that rhinoceros milk facial!"

"Emma? How long were you out there?" Ravi questioned.

"In Namibia? Only a day. I had the facial,  ought a diamond mine, then hopped on Daddy's G-6."

"Ravi meant, how long were you in the fog?" Tiffany corrected.

"Oh. Just an hour or so." Emma inhaled sharply. "Wow, I'm starting to get a headache."

Ravi's eyes widened. "That could be a symptom that demoic acid has invaded your cerebral cortex!"

Xander stepped up. "On the bright side, her skin really does look great!"

"How long will Emma's headache last?" Zuri quaked.

"Hard to say. Depending on her exposure to the demoic acid, the damage to her brain could be permanent," Tiffany explained.

Emma gasped. "Forget about my brain! That acid won't damage my hair color, will it?"

"Emma, this could affect you for the rest of your life! This is serious!" Tiffany huffed.