Chapter 10- Surprise!

Sandra Stone -POV

"What the hell? Is this even possible? Maybe it is, that's why it is happening. I can't believe it! I knew it, I was fired! That's why there's a new receptionist on the reception on my second day! My god, I'm gonna cry.", I murmured to myself as I saw a very gorgeous looking lady on my desk on my second day in my office!

I was so happy yesterday that my job was safe. The boss even dropped me home-

Wait.

He dropped me home! Now I get it! It was his way of apologizing for firing me. Who does that? A**hole.

I was feeling so down. Just yesterday my broken life was slowly getting back, piece by piece. Then this Alexander Black had to come in his fancy car and expensive suit, just to ruin everything for me! I wish I could strangle him...now that sounds like a good idea!

I turned back, not even bothering to ask why was I fired today. He could've very well told me yesterday not to come today. I wouldn't have.

I had almost reached the main doors when I heard someone calling me.

"Sandra! Wait!" A woman's voice called me.

I turned to see, it was Sofia, boss's Secretary. I liked her, she was a very pretty lady, although she was as old as my mom. My both moms.

"Hey, good morning, how are you?", I asked, just for my manners.

"I needed to talk to you urgently, thank god you didn't leave." She said, trying to catch her breath.

"Why? What happened?" I shook my head in question.

"Well, I've some good news and some bad news." She said and I nodded.

I already knew the bad news. I was fired. Duh.

But what's the good news?

"Bad news first", I said. Although I knew it, I just wanted to hear it from her mouth, wishing it would change.

"Umm..youarenolongerareceptionisthere." She said it so quickly that if I hadn't known it, I couldn't have caught it at all. I very well knew that she said that I'm no longer a receptionist here.

"I can see that. What's the good news? I'll get my salary for this month?" I tried to joke with a dry laugh.

Sofia just chuckled and nodded her head in disagreement.

"No, actually, it's very good news." She said and I could see her smile.

"Say it! I'm getting nervous." I chuckled, not understanding what she meant by that.

"I'm quitting." She said as I frowned.

"What! Why?" I asked, not believing what I just heard.

"Well my daughter is pregnant and she's coming home for the next few months till her delivery and I'm gonna take care of her", she said, grinning wildly, her blue eyes shining brightly as she told me about her daughter. I felt a pang of hurt and jealousy towards her daughter for a second. How many times had I wished my mom had this shine in her eyes when she thought or talked about me?

Shrugging the unexpected feeling, I started talking.

"Well, then, congratulations! Granny-to-be!" I chuckled, giving her a formal hug.

"Oh thank you very much." She laughed softly, looking really happy.

"So I think that the boss is looking out for a Secretary, good luck to him. He's not gonna find one like you so easily!" I said as she looked at me weirdly.

"Actually, he has." She said softly.

"Oh really! Who's the lucky person who gets to be Alexander Black's personal Secretary!?" I asked, not that I cared.

"You!"

··············

As I stepped out of the elevator on the 15th floor, I found myself sweating. I tended to sweat and feel hot whenever I was nervous. And you ask why am I nervous? Well, I'm going to meet my boss, that's why.

I still didn't understand why he hired me as his Secretary. After all, I just joined yesterday.

After Sofia told me the very good news, did you notice the sarcasm? You did. Anyways, where was I? Yaa! The good news.

All I can say is that I'd nothing to say. Till ten minutes ago, I thought I had been fired but contrary to that, I had been promoted! Sofia just told me to go and meet him myself. That's what I was doing. I slowly walked towards the boss's cabin to talk to him. Good luck to me.

Alexander Black -POV

There was a soft knock on the door, it was so faint that if I wasn't waiting for it, I would've definitely missed it. I'd hired Sandra Stone as my personal Secretary. It was a rash decision but the only way to keep her close to me without her thinking that something is going on. I just wished my plan worked.

"Come in", I almost screamed. I screamed when I was nervous.

Hey, so what if I'm Alexander Black? I'm a human after all, and humans tend to become nervous in awkward situations. Even I became nervous once in a while, but I'll admit it to you, this was the first time I felt nervous for a person. I mean, I've felt nervous about situations, deals, meetings but never because of a person.

I looked up as I heard the faint clicks of her heels and my heart throbbed so hard like it was fighting to come out of the rib caged cage.

Once again I felt, something.

She was just plain beautiful. Her brown hair was in a ponytail, just like yesterday. She wore a white pencil skirt with a black full sleeved top, and pearl earrings adorned her creamy ears, her pink, oh so kissable, lips shined as she flicked her tongue over them, and I looked away. Shit, this is gonna be hard. If I get a hard-on by just looking at her for 2 minutes, how will I survive if she's my Secretary!?

Sandra Stone -POV

I felt my ears heat up as Boss looked at me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking right now. His face was blank like he was in deep thoughts. I used that time to look at him. Just to try to understand him. Not because he was super hot and I wanted to check him out! Nah.

He was a god. A hot sexy god. Just in a plain white shirt, with his abs hiding behind it, he looked too good to be true. I couldn't see him properly as he was sitting, but I bet he looked good everywhere.

Oh my God, did I just perv on my Boss?

"So, Miss Sandra", he said in his deep voice, "please have a seat".

I slowly walked towards the desk and sat in front of him.

"You must be thinking why I hired you as my Secretary, so I'll just solve that confusion. First of all, I really liked your attitude yesterday." He said and I almost choked on nothing.

Really? He liked my attitude?

"And I needed a new, fresh out of college person, just because I am in need of different and unique ideas about my companies." He continued as I sat there.

What?

"I mean to say that you won't be my Secretary alone, but also a consultant. Not a professional one but I may ask you a question or two sometimes. You understand?" He asked, looking at me questioningly.

I simply nodded. What could I say? Sir, I only have ideas and plans for how to run away from your parents and your home! Yeah right.

"Good, now you can go home today. Get yourself ready, meet Sofia if you want to understand your duties, not that there are many. Just following me, bringing my food, coming with me to functions and parties, etc etc. Ok?" He said and opened his laptop.

My cue to leave.

I nodded again, stole a glimpse of him and practically ran out of his office, out of the elevator, and out of the building.

This all was very confusing but I was happening, so I had to accept it.