Chapter 28 - Confession

Sandra Stone Grey -POV

I had been upset the whole time. I had simply refused to go back to Alexander's place and started to drown myself in work. Funny, I had complained about him being a workaholic and now I had turned into one myself.

All thanks to him.

And then it happened. The terrible realization.

The pictures of the party had just come and Grandpa had given me the packet full of them. Taking them in my room, I looked at them, trying to forget that it was the same night when Alex and I kissed. All the pictures were so beautiful, Alex was looking so dashing in all of them, Grandpa was looking so joyful and I? I was looking at Alexander. In almost all the pictures, I only had eyes for him. I had a feeling that I had seen this sort of thing before but couldn't pinpoint to as when. So taking all the photos and putting them back in the packet, I had gone to the library to put them. Walking back after putting it on the table, I was stopped in my tracks by something.

The photo. My parents' wedding picture. And then I realized, I was looking like my mother in all the pictures. Not just in appearance but also in the face. The face of pure joy and happiness and contentment and fulfillment. The face of love.

That was the moment that I realized that I was probably in love with Alexander.

When in the world a stupid crush turn into something this serious? How?

How can you fall in love with a person who has rejected you? But that's the thing about love right? You never know when it happens. It just does. And I am not surprised that I fell in love with him. I mean look at him! He is so hot and handsome and cute and kind and thoughtful and everything good. I was ecstatic for a moment but just for a moment. Then I was scared. I didn't want to face Grandpa as I had a feeling he will know what I feel and be disappointed so I called Emma. She immediately agreed to let me come home, so I quickly packed a small bag and got away, while Lina was in the kitchen with the staff.

I had come here to avoid meeting Alexander and the first thing I see in the morning is his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He almost barked and I glared at him.

"Well, this is my friend's house so I should ask you the same question." I said with the toothbrush still in my mouth.

"Sandra." He said with a deep sigh.

"Yes?" I said and crossed my arms.

"Why didn't you inform anyone that you are here?" He said and I shrugged.

"I was going back home after showering anyway, so I didn't think-

"You never think!" He interrupted me, pissing me off.

"Oh just shut up and don't shout on the porch. Get inside and wait for me." I said, turning back and running to the bathroom.

As I stared at the mirror, I gasped.

Oh my God, I look like a freak.

In my old unicorn pajamas, with hair coming out from all directions from the sad braid and a toothbrush in my hand, gross. He is never going to forget this horrifying scene.

Quickly washing my face, I fixed my hair and slowly walked out.

"Are you alright?" he asked, sitting on the sofa.

"Yes." I said and walked to the kitchen.

"So can I tell you something?" He said and I sighed. I knew what he was going to say, how could you do that, didn't you worry about your grandfather before disappearing like that blah blah.

"Yeah say." I said and poured some stupid juice.

"I love you." He said and the juice box slipped from my hand.

What the-

"I know it's unexpected and shocking but it's true. I really, really love you, Sandra, I guess since the first day we met, I was immensely attracted to you. I just never realized until you were away from me. I was so stupid. I kissed you and it was the best kiss of my entire life and then I spoke up and ruined everything! And when we couldn't find you I was so scared and I thought I lost you forever and-

He never got to finish his sentence as this time, I was on top of him, kissing him hungrily. After a few seconds he was kissing me back and we were rolling on the floor.

Talk about adults.

In two minutes, when we stopped for this stupid thing called oxygen, Alexander spoke.

"You didn't say anything?" He said, his face quite pink.

"I've heard that actions speak louder than words so...

"Well, you proved this and it is my turn to prove it." He said with a smirk and I cocked my eyebrow.

"Oh really, and how will you do that?" I asked as I felt his cold hands grasp my waist a little tighter.

"Just wait and my actions will make you scream louder than ever before." He whispered and I pursed my lips with a chuckle.

I am sure I blushed a deep red and probably looked like a ripe tomato but Alex did not seem to mind.