Chapter 10 - Sang

Start bij het begin

I frown, "Why?"

He keeps his serious face, "We played once as a family and I can say that was the closest time we ever nearly broke up the family."

I laugh, "Monopoly, the game to ruin friendships."

Kota laughs along with me, "Not a good idea when everyone is so competitive."

I stand up, "What about a good game of Risk?"

Kota nods, "Why not? I haven't played in a while."

I go searching through the cabinets and return with the game, "Sorry, we only have the Doctor Who version."

He looks confused, "What's the difference?"

I explain, "It's Risk but based on the show Doctor Who which is awesome by the way."

Kota leans back in the couch, "Never seen it."

I stare at him, "Never?"

"Never."

I pretend to be offended, "How could you?"

Kota chuckles, "We are pretty busy around here."

I shrug, "I would show it to you but some idiot took it off Netflix and I just have the modern season saved with the female doctor."

He looks at me, "I have no idea what you just said, but explain the game to me."

I sit down and begin setting it up, "So it goes like this. . ."

***

Kota laughed, "You were right, this is fun."

I put away the pieces, "This way it takes less long than the regular Risk game."

He asked, "What do you want to do now?"

I shake my head, "I have no idea. What do you want to do?"

Kota gets a far-away look in his eye, "I haven't visited the family in a while."

I sit back on my heels, "Why can't we pop in?"

He shrugs, "I don't think that Mr.B-I mean Owen would like that."

I give him a look, "Owen is my boyfriend, not my father or my boss."

Kota looked hesitant, "He might not be your boss, but technically he is mine."

I cross my arms, "And you are Team Lead. I'll take the fall for it. I am sure he will forgive me after I sleep with him."

Poor Kota just turned bright red, "W-what?"

I laugh, "God, you're adorable."

Now, it's my turn to turn red. You are not supposed to say things to your boyfriend's brothers. This is not good. Luckily, it doesn't seem like Kota noticed my slip up. Damn it, I have a very attractive boyfriend, I do not need to find these other fine men who he considers brothers as hot. It's like Fate has it out for me. Why do I have to be attracted to these guys as well?

I am so fucked.

I quickly go back to the original subject, "So where do your parents live?"

Kota corrects me, "Parent, only my mother and my sister."

I feel like hitting myself for the slip-up, "Oh, okay. Let's go!"

He is still hesitant, "Are you sure?"

I nod, "Of course. I call playing the music."

We are taking Kota's car and he knows the way to get his Mom's place. Apparently, his sister is called Jessica and she is 16 years old about to turn 17. The way he talks about them shows how much he loves them. It makes me smile how his family is so put together now. At least after their bastard of a father left. No one told me, but I know exactly who put those shadows in Kota's eyes. If I ever beat him, I won't feel any guilt about killing him. Some people deserve to die.