Chapter 30: The Reunion

Start from the beginning

Professor Ozpin: "Did she have any last words?" he asked.

Maka: "She said that... she didn't want to die before she... faded away." she said looking away.

Professor Ozpin: "I... I see." he answered quietly.

Maka: "(Y/n) died at Beacon. Cara said that he died when the bright light hit him." she told him.

Professor Ozpin: "So Miss Rose activated her eyes? So they're both gone." he said in disbelief.

Thousands of years he knew them. Many of them, he made countlessly mistakes with only the last few lifetimes he tried to amend their relationship.

Maka: "Well... not exactly. (Y/n) is alive in a way, though he's not him anymore." she revealed to him.

Professor Ozpin: "Could you explain?" he asked.

(Timeskip brought to you by Maka keeping an eye on Oscar)

It took most of the day for them to arrive in Mistral and when they did, the night had already arrived. Maka didn't have any real plan on what to do. She went with Cara to get "(Y/n)" back but she ended up dying and now she didn't know what else to do. She can't ask (Y/n), Eden, or whatever it was for advice since it can't respond to anything she asks. Though she did manage to teach him a few commands that a dog would know, but that was as much as he knows at the moment.

So despite hearing all the stories, Cara told her, she was going to follow Professor Ozpin until she finds someone she can trust. Oscar seemed like a fairly decent boy, he was socially awkward and shy but she didn't trust him since he and Professor Ozpin are in a state similar to what Cara and (Y/n) once had. They could share thoughts and talk to one another. For all she knew, he was already on Professor Ozpin's side.

But one thing was for certain, Maka wasn't going to hand (Y/n) over to Professor Ozpin or her mother.

The two found themselves walking down the streets of Mistral towards Haven Academy looking for anyone they might know. From what Professor Ozpin said, Qrow would most likely already be here since that was the instructions Professor Ozpin gave him if something were to happen. 

As they walked through the streets, Oscar watched Maka peek her head into some of the local bars before moving onto the next.

Oscar: "What are you doing?" he asked curiously.

Maka: "Looking for Qrow." she responded as she looked into the bar.

Oscar: "I thought Ozpin said that-" he tried telling her.

Maka: "I know what he said and from what (Y/n) and Cara told me about Qrow, he's an alcoholic." she revealed to him before moving away from the entrance of the bar.

Oscar: "Who is (Y/n) and Cara exactly?" he asked.

She looked over to Oscar and thought she could at least tell the kid something. She didn't want to lie to him but she would only tell him somethings that Professor Ozpin already knows.

Maka: "It's kinda complicated... Cara was a human girl with the ability to control blood and (Y/n) from what Cara told me, he's a Grimm I think. Long ago, the two met and became friends. Traveling the world together only be attacked with by hunters with Cara at death's door. (Y/n), not wanting to see his friend die, fused with Cara with a special gem gifted to him by the God of Light. From that point on, they became one being. They lived and died a countless amount of times seeing many wonders and horrors of the world." she told him.