Chapter 12

Colby

"Are you coming tonight?" I asked mom, walking into the living room. Most of the Underwoods are meeting up at the lake house for an end-of-the-summer party.

"I don't know."

"Come on; it will be fun. Jade and the twins will be there, plus I'm going to pick up Brenna from the airport."

"Does Jade know?"

"Nope, wanted to surprise her."

"Awe, I'm sure she's going to love that." I nodded, thinking about how excited Jade is going to be.

"I have to leave to get Brenna, so if you change your mind, let me know. Love you, mom." I smiled, walking over wrapping my arms around her.

"Love you, Colby Ryan. I wish your dad were here to see the man you are and especially the father you turned out to be."

"Me too. I wish he were here to give me advice on this whole thing."

"He's here. I can feel him."

"Me too. I have to get going and get Brenna. Hope to see you tonight, even if it's for a little bit." I kissed her cheek before getting ready to leave.

I swung by Courtney's, picking up Aria to go to the airport with me. The two would hang out while I got Jade ready for tonight.

"You ready for tonight?" Aria asked as we pulled into a parking spot.

"A little nervous to see everyone, but yeah. I'm hoping my mom will stop over even to see the twins for a little bit." she nodded, following me into the airport to look for Brenna.

"Brenna," I yelled, seeing her fiery red hair. She quickly turned around and smiled at us.

"Colby, hey, it's good to see you." she smiled, pulling me in for a hug.

"You too. Thank you for coming out. Jade is going to be so excited."

"Me too. I haven't seen those three in too long." I nodded, turning to look at Aria.

"Brenna, this is my sister Aria, and you will be hanging out with her for a little bit."

"Hey, it's nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you." Aria smiled at her.

After a half-hour, I dropped the girls off at Courtney's before going to Jades. Opening the door, I could hear my little princess crying upstairs. Smiling, I made my way upstairs to the twin's room. Jade was at the changing table, attending to Alex while Addie was at her feet.

"What's a matter, princess?" I walked over, crouching down getting closer to her. She looked up at me as the tears slowed down. I smiled, pulling her into my arms.

"Someone was missing her daddy." I kissed her cheek, drying her cheeks.

"You got them while I finish getting ready?"

"Yeah, you sure you're feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." I nodded, taking Alex from her.

An hour later, we pulled up to my grandparent's house lake house. Courtney came walking outside with my Aunts Ashley and Zoey.

"We got the little ones. You two go have some fun." I nodded, pulling Addie into my arms. Jade got Alex, who was already in Courtney's arms. I smiled, walking over to Zoey so she could take Addie.

"Go see aunt Zoey," I told Addie as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Addie, want to come to see me?" Courtney tried, but Addie was not having it.

"Just wants daddy right now. We will try again in a little bit." I wrapped my arm around Jade, bringing her into me. We walked into the house where everyone is. Having everyone here is a little overwhelming.

"I have a surprise for you," I whispered against her forehead, making her look up at me worried. I pointed over to where Brenna was talking to Aria and my cousin Harper.

"Brenna." She gasped before running off to her best friend. I smiled, watching the two embrace with tears in their eyes. Addie pointed at them as we made our way over to them. Brenna turned her head, locking eyes with Addie.

"Addie, look at you."

"This is your aunt Brenna," I told her as she looked her over.

"Can I hold you?"

"Go see her so I can go check on your brother." Brenna pulled Addie into her arms as Jade wrapped her arms around me.

"Thank you."

"Of course. You girls have fun, and I will catch up with you later." I leaned down, kissing her before going off to find where Alex is.

***

"So this is the famous Whitney?" I smiled at Carson and his girlfriend Whitney. She smiled, hugging me before gluing herself back against Carson.

"Hey, Carson has told me so much about you. He's happy to have you around." She smiled, kissing Carson's cheek.

"Colby!" Belle yelled, making me turn around to find her in a panic.

"Belle, what's wrong?"

"Jade needs help." She gasped, making me look around for Jade. Belle grabbed my hand, bringing me over to where everyone was. Mom had the twins while Courtney and Zoey were fussing over Jade.

"Jade." Zoey grabbed my hand, bringing me into the bathroom before shutting the door. Blood was all over the floor. I turned to find Jade wrapped in Brenna's arms while Courtney was trying to soothe her. Jade's eyes locked me as a sob broke out.

"I'm sorry." She sobbed as I dropped down to my knees, trying to get closer to her.

"What is going on?"

"She's having a miscarriage," Courtney whispered. I took Jade's hands in mine, giving them kisses.

"Can we move her?"

"Yeah, Zoey is cleaning out a room upstairs that has an attached bathroom." Courtney put a calming hand on my shoulder.

"Come here, let's go upstairs." She wrapped her arms around my neck as I scooped her into my arms. We followed Courtney upstairs to our room, where Zoey got the bath ready.

"We're going to leave you two. Don't worry about the twins. We will take care of everything." I nodded, taking Jade into the bathroom.

"Colby."

"I'm right here. Let's get in the bath and get you cleaned up." She nodded as I carefully undressed her. I helped her into the tub before quickly undressing getting in with her. My arms wrapped around her, bringing her closer.