13 - The Lightning Thief

-o-o-o-o-o-

-Percy POV-

We were in front of the DOA Recording Studios and it was brightly lit with a lot of people. They were either sitting on couches or looking out of the window. "They're all...dead," Grover said and gulped. I nodded my head. "Yeah." And somehow, I wasn't freaked out by it.

There was a security guard sitting at the desk. He was tall and elegant, with chocolate-coloured skin and bleached-blond hair shaved military style. He wore tortoiseshell shades and a silk Italian suit that matched his hair. He looked strangely familiar though.

"Does he look familiar?" I asked Annabeth. She looked at me weirdly, "I have never seen him in my entire life." I ignored the feeling of recognition and looked at his silver name tag. "Charon?" He looked up at me.

"You can pronounce my name?" I nodded my head slowly and unsure. He squinted his eyes for a moment before it widened. "Perseus?" I was taken aback. Did he know me? "Do I know you?" I asked. His expression seemed to soften before returning to its original hard expression.

"Come on now." he gestured for us to follow. We looked at each other. That was surprisingly easy. I shrugged my shoulders. "What's there to lose?" And we followed Charon.

-o-o-o-o-o-

Charon dropped us off in front of what looked like an airport and Jersey Turnpike. Everything here looked strangely familiar and it was creeping me out. I didn't mention it to Annabeth or Grover since they will most probably think I'm crazy.

A sound came from somewhere nearby us, bouncing off the stones—the howl of a large animal. Annabeth and Grover shuddered. Surprisingly, I didn't.

We arrived in front of the entrance of Hades' palace. We waited for several moments not knowing what to do. "We should...knock?" Annabeth said her voice with a twinge of uncertainty. A gust of wind blew and the doors swung open.

"Or not," I said. The guards stepped aside and bowed slightly. I don't think Annabeth or Grover saw since they went in first. I shrugged it off and caught up with them.

I think that I'm officially going crazy since this entire room looked familiar. Like crazy familiar. It was like as if...I grew up here. I could tell that hallway on the right led to the living room. The one on the left led to a hallway of rooms.

"I will not be dealing with this now." I looked up and there sitting on the throne was Hades. He didn't seem scary. I think I'm going crazy.

"Did Poseidon sire another son?" He said irritated, annoyed and a tiny twinge of...sadness. But when he looked up, his eyes widened. "Kiddo?" That nickname. I took a few steps forward.

"What did you say?" He descended from his throne and shrank to human size. Before I knew it, he was hugging me. I didn't feel awkward or scared out of my wits. It was comforting and familiar.  "Your mother and I couldn't find you for a few months. What happened?" He asked.

My mother? "I thought you held her captive. And what do you mean what happened?" Questions filled my head. I looked at Annabeth and Grover. They were as confused as I am. Hades looked at me puzzled before a dark look came over him.

He waved his hand and both Annabeth and Grover collapsed on the floor. "What did you do to them?" I shouted and backed away from him. He frowned and flicked his hand. Suddenly, a burst of memories flew by.

"You want to tell me what's your name?"

"Perseus Jackson."

"I'll name her Selena."

"Why silver of course."

"We're going to New Zealand!"

I stumbled but a pair of arms steadied me. I looked up. "Dad?" He looked like he was about to cry. "I thought I lost you, kiddo." I hugged him. "I missed you." tears were blurring my vision. "I missed you too," I mumbled into his chest. I could feel him smiling.

"Hades? What's takin-." There was a tray dropping on the ground sound and a gasp. I turned around. "Mom." She covered her mouth and was close to tears. "My baby boy," she whispered. She rushed toward me and hugged me tightly.

"You're alive. They told me they couldn't find you. I was so afraid. We were looking all over for you-." "Mom," I said. She stopped. She was crying already. "I'm here," I told her. She smiled brightly and hugged me tightly.

Dad teleported Annabeth and Grover on a couch. "What happened?" Mom asked as we sat down on another couch. I shrugged. "I don't know. I was with Boros and Greg when suddenly I woke up not remembering you guys at all," I told them.

"A forgetting spell," Dad said. He sighed. "This spell that's on you now is temporarily only," he informed me. My shoulders sagged. "So I'm going to forget you again?" I didn't want to. Mom hugged me. "Don't worry. We'll find a way for you to remember again. At least we now know that you're safe in camp half-blood," she said and smiled at me. She kissed my forehead.

"Then what about Sally?" She was still my first mom. "I think she knew. We'll let her stay above until we find a way for you to remember again," Dad said. I nodded my head.

The spell was wearing off. "Be careful out there, Percy. Remember, always follow your heart," Mom said and hugged me one last time. Dad too. "I'll find a way. I promise." I nodded my head trusting him. My eyelid grew heavy and the last thing I saw was Mom and Dad smiling at me.

-o-o-o-o-o-

A/N: Yo yo! Some parts were from the original TLT. The rest is just made up. I think you guys get what's going on. I'm sorry for not explaining it in the previous chapter. :))