Chapter 12: Destroyed

Start from the beginning

Bear doesn't listen to Grey and I can't take my eyes off of him. His puppy-like face lets out a little playful whine.

He jumps like a fox in the snow and I let out a little giggle. He's like a big fur ball. He plops his big body down on the bed and rolls over.

"He wants a rub," Grey's deep voice reaches my ears and I don't hesitate to rub Bear's belly.

"Is this your puppy?" I smile excitedly and for the first time look up at Grey. He's looking back at me, leaned against the doorframe. He gives a curt nod.

Growing up, I'd always wanted a dog. We never got one though. Both my dad and Jake were allergic.

Bear sits up suddenly and licks my face with his huge tongue. I wince a little at the force of it when his tongue goes over my bruised cheek.

"What kind of dog is he?" I giggle as Bear comes to sit right on top of me. And he's no small dog at all.

"Newfoundland."

I pull down my dress after realizing that Grey is getting a little bit of a show.

"Whatever you need is in the bathroom," he nods is head over to the door that I had spent quite a while deciding to go in or not.

Does that mean he'll be in there too?

I nearly slap myself in the face for thinking that.

I make my way out of the bed, now noticing my knee brace isn't on my knee. Thank gosh, that thing is not comfortable to sleep in. I feel Grey's eyes on me the whole time I do. I look over my shoulder at him.

He was checking out the goodies in my trunk.

His eyes travel from my butt up to mine. My eyes fall to his lips when his tongue meets the corner of his mouth.

The corner of his mouth turns up in a little smirk before his eyes dart back to Bear. He gives him a little whistle and the two exit the room. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

He makes me way too hot and bothered to just be a friend.

I just don't want to get hurt.

Within twenty minutes of the time we kissed, he called it a mistake and I felt like crying for a week. I just don't want that to happen again.

I mosey/limp into the bathroom and come to the conclusion that if this place is Grey's, then he's got some dosh darn money.

Can owning a single restaurant really give you all this? I might have to become an owner.

Oh my gosh, what if a stripper bar could get me even more?

I look at myself in the mirror. My hair is a wild mess. My blonde locks stick up with static and quite frankly, I just look like a lion.

After controlling the front, I turn to look at the back. My eyes catch my butt and the way my dress is slightly bundled in the back leaving the bottom of my cheeks fully open for viewing. Grey's viewing.

I feel my cheeks burn bright and I fix it quickly like that will make some sort of difference. He already saw it.

I fix the back of my hair, combing through it with my fingers. I look at the nice granite sink in front of me and spot a toothbrush in its package.