Julia and I talked about my surprising vocation in another side of the world, how she has to take of the business alone because Joseph, her husband hurt his back and now have a couple of month bed rest. Poor old man, I can't imagine how hard is it for him. I remember last time he got hurt himself and doctor didn't let him leave the hospital for a week, he drove Julia nuts with his whining.

I can't laugh at him.

I am the same. At the vacations, I was dying to come back to work and do what I love, but I knew I can't just yet. I wasn't ready to face the world without her. I'm not ready now, but I remember when I was younger she would say "there are no such things as ready and not ready. You just need to take a deep breath and face your fears until you can."

"Where's that boy. He said just five minutes, but it was all thirty minutes." Julia muttered under the nose as she looked at the silver watch on her left wrist. We were seated next to the bar, where the young, quat girl worked around. It was still early and the coffee shop was full of people, just a couple of them. Julia's eyes darted around the coffee shop, looking something in particular.

"What are searching for? And who's the boy are you talking?" I asked taking a sip of my black coffee with cream. Bittersweet taste filled my mouth making me cringe. Shit, I forgot to put sugar again.

"New boy, Nathan. He started to works here a month ago and he took a break, but not come back since that." She explained swatting my hand from as I was about to reach sugar. She gave me a look who says are you really want to get diabetes? Grumbling under nose I rubbed spot she hit me, she has a good hand. "Damn that boy, he's getting on my nerves already."

"Give the poor boy a break." I joked, wiggling eyebrows.

"Yeah, don't tell me how to work. I'm the one one who's paying his paycheck." Julia snapped, but I can see playfulness in her brown eyes.

Julia always pretends to be a tough and strict woman. People who don't know here would think she really is and would whoop your ass without another look, but actually, she's just soft-hearted woman who doesn't want anyone to get hurt. But of course, she can be pretty strict when it comes to me or her own children.

"Oh, here he comes, finally!" Julia cut my thoughts short by looking over my shoulder. I looked to and saw one and only Andrea standing near a tall boy with curly brown head and beard. Ew beard his hand was dropped over her shoulders as he looked at Julia with a guilty look.

I scanned his outfit who was a simple black t-shirt with white stains on it, black jeans and white converse. He had a dark red apron on. My eyes caught half tattoo sleeve on his right biceps. He looks like a typical college fuckboy.

My eyes averted at Andrea who looked at me puzzled. Her eyes darted from Julia and me and I can practically see question after question popping in her head. I run a hand through my black hair and gave her the best smile I could give.

"What are you doing here? Did you really just followed me?" She finally spits her questions, making me laugh. I can feel Julia looking at me and back at Andrea as the boy whose name I don't remember.

"Not everything is about you, princess," I smirked and took another sip of hot liquid. Her green eyes darkened and her jaw muscles tightened. I gave her a matching look, lifting eyebrows to challenge her.

Does she really think I followed her into this shop? Okay, maybe I did, but I have my own reason...I need to protect her. She's the one who made me start my assignment earlier and start protecting her. I felt air thickening between us as we kept staring at each other don't break our eye contact.

"Do you two know each other?" Julia finally asked, breaking our staring contest and clearing tension who was starting to rise.

I took my eyes from brown-hair girl toward Julia rolling eyes and saying. "Yeah, she's my new assignment." As Andrea at the same time said, "She's an annoying asshole who follows me around because my dad pays her."

"Be nice." Julia scolded flipping my head upside down. I shouted Hey! In protest and rubbed spot where she hit me. Why did she always need to be so rude toward me? I shot a glare to Andrea who snickered.

"I'm nice, you're the one who can't stop hitting me," I grumbled under the nose.

"No, you are not.", "Like hell you are." Andrea and Julia said at the same time and both laughed at each other.

Okay, back to the start. Since when did they start agreeing with each other? First of all, I am not rude, they're not telling the truth. Okay, maybe I am slightly a bit rude, but I can't help myself. I can say they already plotting next meet up and rave how rude, without any manners human being I am.

"Nathan I think you should get back to work, there's a couple of boxes need to be put," Julia sighed gesturing to confused-looking boy toward back doors then she turned her body toward me and pull me into a bone-crushing hug. "Be nice, I'll be watching you and call your mother, she told me you've been ignoring her calls." She muttered into my neck.

I felt my heart sinking deeper at the thought about my mother who I didn't saw for a really long time. I masked my pain with a dazzling smile I practiced so many years and pull away from Julia motherly hug. "Will do."

She eyed me and I can see she didn't believe me not even a bit. I groaned mentally, I never was able to lie to Julia, from an early age she caught my strategy and since ever she was able to tell what I was feeling even before I knew myself. instead of arguing with me she smiled, but I can see in her eyes pain she felt whenever I shut my mother down.

"Call me or visit whenever you'll be near. Now go, you new 'assignment just ran out.'." She smirked shaking her head amused.

I grumbled kissing Julia's forehead I ran out of the coffee shop after Andrea who was already on another side of the street.

Great, now I have to chase after her.