Chapter 5 "Need Your Help"

Start from the beginning

Sitting down at her desk, she turns her computer on and signs in.
Bringing up a program, Shaylynn tries to hack into Beth's security system.
"There you are," Halstead says walking in, "What are you doing?" he asks standing behind her chair.
"I'm trying to hack into Beth's security system," she tells him, "I can't get into it, it's been turned off!"
"It's because you keep annoying her," Halstead tells her.
"I know that little prick is with her! There is only one reason why someone turns off their security system and that's because they're doing something they don't want someone else to see!" Shaylynn tells him trying some more.
"She's a grown woman! If she wants to fuck her life up then let her! There's nothing we can do about it!" Halstead tells her.
Shaylynn turns around in her chair and looks at him, "Yes there is something we can do about it! I can kidnap the little prick, throw him to Kelly's feet and let him beat the shit out of him! Then I can shoot the son of a bitch in the head for real this time! Fucking asshole couldn't even pull off dying right! I shoot someone in the head, they die immediately! There is no time to talk, nothing!"
"Don't stress yourself! It'll be back on after her bath," Halstead tells her.
"I'll check in half an hour. After I'm done with supper," she tells him.
"If she's anything like you in the bath I'd give her an hour!" Halstead says smiling at her.
"Only when you're in there with me," Shaylynn says smiling back at him, "Come to think of it she has been known to eat her dinner in the bath and watch a movie."
"Now what did you say to Beth for her to say what she did to you?" Halstead asks her, Shaylynn gives him a look, "I know you had to say something."
"I called her a runt," Shaylynn tell him.
"Shaylynn! You need to apologize for calling her a runt! That wasn't very nice!" he says.
"She called me fat!" she reminds him.
"Yeah, that wasn't nice either!" Halstead says looking away.
"What is it?" Shaylynn asks.
"I called Kelly and told him what Beth said," he tells her.
"Jay!" Shaylynn says upset.
"I was pissed because you punched the mirror!" Halstead says.
Shaylynn stands up, "Let's go and finish making supper," she tells him.
They both walk out of her office toward the kitchen.

***Most of this part was written by Pauline and sent to me***

An hour later, Shaylynn's walking out of the kitchen, "Where are you going?" Halstead asks her.
"I'm checking now!" she says hurrying to her office with Halstead laughing in the background as he follows her.
"What are you like," she says to him as she sits down at her computer, she pulls up her program, "It's back on!"
Halstead walks over and looks over her head at the screen. They both could see Beth sitting on the couch with her bathrobe on.
"The little shit!" Shaylynn says as she scours the rest of the apartment.
Seeing that there was still bubbles in the bathtub and the floor was wet, she looked in the kitchen to look or wine glasses or anything that would give away that Mark had been there. She couldn't see anything.
"Are you happy now? I don't think she'd be too happy if she knew we were spying on her!" Halstead tells her.
Looking at the screen, they see Beth flip off a camera.
Shaylynn flips off her screen with Halstead laughing behind her.
Shaylynn turns around and looks at him, "What? Don't you have something to do?" she asks him as she picks up her phone.
"I knew you were spying on me!" she hears Beth say.
"I had to make sure!" Shaylynn tells her.
"What do you take me for? And what if I was sitting on the toilet you pervert!" Beth says to her.
Shaylynn tries not to laugh, "You don't have anything that I don't have!"
There's silence between the both of them.
"I'm sorry," Shaylynn says.
"I'm upgrading my security system! I'm getting Dave to suggest something that's Shaylynn proof!" Beth tells her.
Shaylynn puts her hand over her mouth so Beth can't hear the little snickers because Shaylynn knows there's no system out there she can't crack.
"I'm sorry for calling you a runt!" Shaylynn tells her.
"Sorry for calling you fat!" Beth tells her.
"Yeah, about that Jay called Kelly and told him about that," Shaylynn tells her, "I just found out a little while ago."
"Why would he do that for?" Beth asks her.
"I punched the bathroom mirror," Shaylynn tells her, "Jay was pissed."
"It's alright! I'll talk to Kelly soon. Are you alright?" Beth asks.
"Yeah, I'm fine! I've done worse to my hands," Shaylynn tells her, "I'll see you when you get home. I love you."
"I love you too," Beth says.
They both hang up at the same time.
**************************

~~~~~~~

The next day, Shaylynn's up bright and early.
She picks out an outfit, gets dressed and heads downstairs where she finds Jill and Jacquelyn in the kitchen.
"Jay already leave?" Shaylynn asks Jill.
"Yes, he left over an hour ago," Jill tells her.
Shaylynn nods, "They're working hard on a case," she tells her, "I'm heading to the hospital and then to the impound lot to get my car."
"Bye, Mommy!" Jacquelyn says.
Shaylynn kisses her on top of the head, "Soon you'll be able to see your brothers," she tells her.
Jacquelyn looks up at her and smiles.
"I better go," Shaylynn says.
She walks out of the kitchen and heads to the side door.
Walking out she walks to the garage and gets in her Ferrari.

~~~~~~

An hour later, she's in the NICU.
Logan's laying on her chest when Hunter walks over to get him.
That's when he hears a noise, Shaylynn looks up at him, "I didn't have breakfast," she tells him.
Hunter smiles at her as he picks Logan up and puts him back in his incubator.
He walks back over to her as she buttons her shirt back up, he catches a quick glimpse, "It's my lunch hour. Would you like to go to the cafeteria and get something to eat?" he asks her.
Shaylynn picks up her bag, "Sure," she says smiling at him.
They both walk out of the NICU to the elevator.

Sitting at a table, Hunter tells her about his modeling days and the day that changed his life when a doctor told him he diagnosed his Mom with Alzheimer's.
Shaylynn reaches across the table and touches his hand, "Hunter, I'm so sorry."
He looks down at her hand then looks back up at her and smiles.
"If you'll excuse me," Shaylynn says as she stands up.
Hunter stands up at the same time as her. When she walks away from the table he sits back down.
He watches to see where she goes. A minute later, he stands up.

After washing her hands, Shaylynn walks around the stalls to the restroom door when the door opens with Hunter standing there.
He pushes her back inside, up against a wall and starts kissing her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The character Beth belongs to Paulinemartin100